LauncherPro and HTC sense dialerSupport

Last Updated:

1. buckweet

buckweet Active Member This Topic's Starter

Started using launcherpro earlier this week and absolutely love it. My battery life has gone up tremendously.

I have one issue that I haven't seen any reports on. When using launcherpro and I go into the dialer it doesn't recognize some of the first characters that you type.. Mainly it doesn't recognize the * key, but it will show it on the screen. To give you an example (if your devices do it too) go in and type *#*#4636#*#*.. It will not recognize that first star. It also doesn't work with the voicemail shortcut when you click and hold the 1.

Here's the kicker, when I say it doesn't work that is partially true. You can make it work which is the weird part, If you type something then clear it and redo the key sequences everything works as normal.

Hope this makes sense as this is a weird bug and hard to describe.. I don't know if the issue is with HTC's dialer or with Launcherpro. I did try other home screen replacements and didn't have this issue.

Advertisement
  2. Droidizzle

Droidizzle Well-Known Member

Sorry man would like to help you, but I can't reproduce the problem. I have no issues. However, I do sometimes get that in my web browser.

3. dgwood12

dgwood12 Well-Known Member

How does launcherpro improve battery life?

4. earthtodigi

earthtodigi Active Member

I installed launcher pro, now every time I press home, sense force closes. Already uninstalled it, but still having the same problem, any one have an idea besides a hard reset?

5. twochannel

twochannel New Member

I was able to reproduce the issue w/ the initial * on first launch as well as the press and hold 1 for VM. Very odd issue.

6. snowzach

snowzach Member

Yah... me too... It's like it's trying to match * in your phone directory, as soon as I hit pound it clears the * and just has the pound.