LauncherPro and screenshot questions

Last Updated:

1. Rammy1190

Rammy1190 Member This Topic's Starter

Im pretty much a noob to all these cell phone device operations etc. I thought launcherpro was pretty cool so i installed it but when i started using it, it seemed that my device was much slower than with just the original launcher. Also i was wondering if there is an app to take a screen shot without the phone being rooted (what does that even mean?)? Whoever can help, it will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. keredini

keredini Well-Known Member

You will have to be rooted to take screenshots. If you do decide to root, you can find apps on the marketplace to take screenshots on the phone instead of using the SDK to get screenshots.

3. biocalves

biocalves Member

Rooting basically give you more access to the phone you previously did not. You can dl apps that will let you dig through system files, you can get apps that AT&T would rather you not use, load up custom ROMS (new UI's, new firmware versions, etc.). It's not essential but a lot of Android people like to tinker.

On your note about launcherpro - I find it strange that it would be even laggier than TouchWiz, as I've had the opposite effect, but I've also read this from other people. There have been a lot of people here that swear by ADW.Launcher, so why don't you give that a try.