Launcherpro app not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Texter

Texter Well-Known Member

I can't get launcherpro to work on the MyTouch 4g. It does nothing at all. Even deleted and reinstalled twice.

Advertisement
  2. Tslide91

Tslide91 Well-Known Member

Download it again. After it installs, hit the home key. Select launcher pro. Tweak it how you like. Then go into some other app. Hit the home button and check 'default'. Now select which one you prefer
  3. Texter

Texter Well-Known Member

Nope, still doesn't work. Hit the home key and it takes me to me home page using Sense as before.

I did discover something interesting. I can install a shortcut on my home screen to launcherpro/launcher. When I touch it, it switches over to Launcherpro. However, as soon as I hit the home button it changes right back to Sense.
  4. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

You need to clear sense as your default launcher. Do this:

Menu> settings> applications> manage applications> select "running" tab> select "htc sense"> clear default.
    Texter likes this.
  5. Texter

Texter Well-Known Member

That took care of it. Might actually go back to Sense! Time will tell.
  6. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

I tried this and HTC Sense was not an option.

I had this problem on an MyTouch 4g Slide running Android 2.3. Launcher pro worked great for a long time then suddenly stopped working. It was no longer an option for home screen default and not listed in apps despite unisintalling and reinstalling several times.

So, I installed Home Manager and so far everything appears to be working with Laucher Pro as the default.
  7. Dra_Fi

Dra_Fi New Member

I am having the same problem with my LG-LS670. I don't know what my phones verson of the "htc sense" would be. I also added a lancherpro shortcut to my phones desktop so I can start it, but whenever I hit the home button lancherpro gets turned off.... Please help!