LauncherPro = Battery drain?General

Last Updated:

1. mzlou2

mzlou2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I installed LauncherPro and loooove it. However, I noticed my battery life is even more pathetic than it was on sense. Since unplugging at 8:30, I'm down to 80% already. I even disabled live backgrounds because I thought that might be the culprit. Has anyone else found that battery performance with LauncherPro is weaker than Sense? Or am I just being sensitive? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Thats why I don't use LauncherPro. ANY app that you run OVER SenseUI will drain your battery because Sense is always running in the background. We have root and once we have custom ROM's for root THEN using LauncerPro won't cause more of a drain than basic Sense does because Sense can be left off.

3. RobN17

RobN17 Active Member

I've actually found the opposite. Since switching to LP my battery life has improved. While I do not attribute the increase mainly to LP, I am now up to 24 30 hours/charge on my Seido 1750 battery where I was lucky to get 16 hours before.

4. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

me too, but ive never really had a battery drain problem

5. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

no , i have not noticed bat usage, and i gotta watch it pretty close.
    it's my understanding that you run a launcher, including LP instead of not in addition to Sense, thats one of the reasons sense widgets dont work on LP.
    If you dont have a default set that is why you have choice of installed launchers to use when you hit home screen.
    If you have sys panel or other sys monitor apps , look at it , should have sense as inactive , but cached.
    I now have a "up time " at 5+ hrs "awake time " little over an hr, been changing my screen around adding a few apps using LP
    yet htc sense shows 2sec use of cpu

This is the way I understand it, though I could certainly be mistaken.

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Okay here is what you need to make sure you do, I notice a pretty big battery loss with LauncherPro at first but after I did this It was back to normal

Go back into Sense and make a completely blank Scene (this way there are no widgets or programs that run because Sense is launching it self in the background)

Now go back into LauncherPro and enjoy your mediocore battery life lol

7. soapinmouth

soapinmouth Well-Known Member

You can turn sense off once in launcher pro and turning it off with system tools I think home switcher may do this automatically

8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

It doesn't completely turn Sense, off I use Home Switcher and Sense still will run in the background but to a much lower extent.

9. uber_mike

uber_mike Well-Known Member

Use the system panel app and kill sense UI.

Problem solved...