• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Beta: best launcher

I agree that Launcher Pro is the best home replacement so far.

I've used AWD, Helix, and Launcher Pro and I feel that Launcher Pro is the best compromise between speed/smoothness and customization. Each one I used for a day or two and realized that Launcher Pro was the best. Let me go into detail.

With Helix you get the best smoothness/speed but almost no customization. I would reccomend it to people who are new to Android and don't want to be messing with the phone a lot. A good smooth and simple home replacement.

With AWD you get customization galore. You can change so many different things and adjust everything with precise detailing, but I feel it's not as fast/smooth as Helix or Launcher Pro. Even if you adjust the speed of screen changing and the bouncing speed I could never get it to be as smooth as I want it to be... I always saw and felt a little slowness to it. Props to AWD for having the ability to backup all your settings and icon placements, which I think every home replacement should have.

Launcher Pro is in the middle of AWD and Helix. It has the same smoothness/speed as Helix and has a good bit of customization like AWD, but AWD clearly wins in the customization department. But still, Launcher has most of the stuff that you actually would use/need and has the smoothness that AWD doesn't have (at least yet). Launcher has the cool scrollable dock (flick to left or right for more dock icons) and cute 3D drawer. The only thing I wish Launcher would have (which AWD has) is the samsung style drawer where there's multiple pages instead of the huge vertical drawer that sometimes is a bother when you're looking for a certain app.

So overall I feel that Launcher Pro is the most mature compared to AWD and Helix and with the best smoothness/speed and customization. Try out all 3 and see what you like.

Basically:
Simplicity/Smoothness: Helix
Customization: AWD
Simple/Smooth yet customizable: Launcher Pro

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones