• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro BETA update

jmims

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
Columbus, GA
Hey everybody... LP was updated this morning in case you didn't know. Customizable dock! [jmim's original post]

I've done a bit of clean up with the LP threads in the Application Forums. Please post and/or comment on all of LP updates/features in this thread :)

Many thanks,
-Roze-

Hiding things will likely be in the next iteration. Reading the log, it says he's working on hiding the task bar in the next iteration. That being said, the dude is working hard overall in improving the product. Tell me this isn't something you'd pay $1 for as a paid app, yet it's offered for free. Such a good product, it's really hard to complain about what he's already delivered.

Upvote 0
Hiding things will likely be in the next iteration. Reading the log, it says he's working on hiding the task bar in the next iteration. That being said, the dude is working hard overall in improving the product. Tell me this isn't something you'd pay $1 for as a paid app, yet it's offered for free. Such a good product, it's really hard to complain about what he's already delivered.

oh absolutely. I have the incredible, I haven't used stock sense since I found this.

Upvote 0
This was my only problem with how it worked. Now I hope he cuts down on cpu utilization, although that may be why it is so fast.
How much of the CPU is LauncherPro utilizing? It doesn't show when I look in app setting or in my app management app.

Is this on the market?
Yes, just search for it in the market :)

LauncherPro Beta - Android app on AppBrain

This is what we can expect for the next update. Man I love this dev :D

Here’s some new things coming soon to LauncherPro:
  • Ability to uninstall apps by dragging them and holding over the trash can.
  • Option to remove the “Home” icon from the app drawer
  • Option to use LauncherPro-style (translucent) icons for custom shortcut docks. I will need to create icons for the most-used applications — Please tell me which apps you’d like to see icons for in the comments.
  • Option to hide status bar for a cleaner look
  • Option to hide icon labels

Upvote 0
I took a quick look at it today. Is there something other than the dock that makes it more desirable than the built in launcher on my N1?

It is faster then the stock launcher and it has HTC style expose which can be performed with a pinch or be setup by hitting home. Also you can set how many home screens you want up to 7.

Upvote 0
for you LauncherPro users. Go to LauncherPro.com new update came out today.

dock_counters-300x61.jpg

Now with Dock notifications!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones