LauncherPro Bookmarks Widget + Dolphin HD BrowserSupport

Last Updated:

1. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can't seem to find an answer in any other threads, so here goes....

When I first got my Desire I used the stock internet browser. I added a bookmark for netcarshow.com. After a while I started using Dolphin HD which I found to be far better, and started adding several bookmarks to Dolphin.

Fast forward a month or so and I'm still using Dolphin HD and have been using LauncherPro for the past couple of weeks.

The problem is when I add the LauncherPro Bookmarks widget to a homescreen. It only shows the bookmark for netcarshow.com; my saved bookmarks in Dolphin are nowhere to be seen. They all show when using the browser, but not in the LauncherPro widget.

I've looked through every setting for Android, Dolphin and LauncherPro but can't find a way to import/export the bookmarks. Also used Astro to look for bookmarks folders (to copy/paste) and viewed the SD card using USB on my PC, but unable to find any stored bookmark data.

The LauncherPro widget is excellent but I can't figure out how to get it to display the Dolphin bookmarks, any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

In line with the long tradition of speaking too soon, I have just figured out how to solve my problem! For the record, here's how it's done:

First, you need the "Bookmarks to SD" add-on for Dolphin, available from the market. Download and install it.

Open Dolphin then Menu > More > Settings > Add-ons Management > Bookmarks to SD

Select Sync from the top of the screen and then choose the first option to sync Dolphin bookmarks to Gmail.

Sign in to your Gmail account and the Dolphin bookmarks are sent to your account.

Then choose the second option to sync Gmail bookmarks to your stock web browser.

Exit Dolphin and add the LauncherPro bookmarks widget to a homescreen.

From any homescreen choose Menu > Preferences [not Settings] > LP Widget Settings > Bookmarks Widget > Get missing thumbnails.

Your phone will now grab thumbnails for your bookmarks.

On the LaucherPro bookmarks widget, press the sync icon at the bottom of the screen and all Dolphin bookmarks are now scrollable in the LP widget :)

WormDoes, rmiranda111, S_Id and 7 others like this.
  3. DaveOxford

DaveOxford New Member

Thanks for that - you've saved my sanity!

Fairly obvious when you think about it, but not entirely intuitive...

Dave

4. Eris Ed

I actually think it's a long, confusing, and unnecessarily complicated process! lol! Add a new bookmark to Dolphin, and you need to do the whole process again if you want to add it to LauncherPro. Shame all browsers don't come with the option to import/export bookmarks to all the other browsers, making it possible in just a couple of clicks.

5. _wolf_

_wolf_ Well-Known Member

So awesome I stumbled across this!!! Thank you! :)

6. Jonagpa

Jonagpa Member

hey thanks for the info

the app is now updated and all you have to do is export your dolphin hd bookmarks then go to the import tab and import them to your android browser, DONE!

easy

WormDoes and rmiranda111 like this.
  7. Eris Ed

Wow, I forgot I'd created this post! having the same issue again so Thanks me! lol! And thanks Jonagpa for the update :)