1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcherpro bricked my fascinate?

Last Updated:

1. Nicgb

Nicgb Member This Topic's Starter

After installing launcherpro, my samsung fascinate froze up and wouldn't allow me to do anything. Had to take it to verizon to be replaced, anyone ever hear of this happening?

Advertisement
  2. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I have not herd of this before. I love it and use it as my Default home. Sorry to hear about that.

3. Nicgb

Just curious do you use the default lock screens? I'm thinking it was probably a bad combination of apps.

4. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

did you try to remove the battery to at least reboot the phone, if so and that didnt work i doubt it was launcher pro and instead something else going on. any who aside from this how are you liking your fascinate?

5. Nicgb

Yes, taking the battery did nothing, pressing the unlock button did nothing except make the 4 buttons light up. The rep thought I had tried to rooted it and didn't believe me until he plugged it into his computer and told me that it Launcherpro that had screwed it up. I was not very impressed with the fascinate as a whole, I'm still considering trading it in for the droid X or returning it and waiting for some more choices. It seems like they rushed the fascinate out a little premature both in terms of software choices and the hardware itself.

6. gallandof

huh, guess i have a mission today, imma try to recreate this, have like 4 fascinates I need to send back as returns. did you have any other apps on there or anything else that you isnt stock on the phone.

7. Nicgb

I had recently done a factory reset so I didn't have too many apps but I had installed noLED, advanced lock and task killer as well.

8. gallandof

ahh, what i think it is then is probably advanced lock and launcher pro fighting and pretty much entering and endless loop of hell. im gonna go test my theory.

9. Nicgb

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

10. saps

saps Well-Known Member

For the future avoid NoLED, others have noticed their phones not waking up with it on and LP. It seems the two dont always pay nice together