1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Launcherpro Custom Shortcuts?

Last Updated:

1. theslik1

theslik1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone had any luck making custom shortcuts in Launcherpro? LP's shortcut forum is long on requests and short on answers/methods for making useful shortcuts.

If anyone has a shortcut to share it would be appreciated. :)

Advertisement
  2. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I use shortcuts all over LauncherPro. Long press the screen where you want it to go, select "Shortcuts" and then select "Applications." Choose the app you want to shortcut to, then you'll see a screen that allows you to customize the icon and the title of the app. It takes a few more steps than just adding the app right to the screen, but it's great for custom icons and titles.

You can also follow this same process for making shortcuts to folders. Just select "Folders" instead of "Applications." It works GREAT with Custom Shortcuts, if you use that for app organization.

Hope this helps!

jmooneyham and theslik1 like this.
  3. theslik1

theslik1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tip; I already use this feature extensively. :)

What I'm referring to are the custom "Launcherpro Shortcuts" (which are selected from the "Shortcuts" screen you pointed to) that allow you to basically program new shortcuts based on Android intents. They're saved as *.lps files in the LP directory. It's become obvious from searching around the web that these aren't used much; even the LP forum has very little info on how to format and use them.

I was hoping that some experienced forum members would have shortcuts to share and then I could experiment with my own.

4. jmooneyham

jmooneyham New Member

Thanks a million, you answered my question without me having to ask.. My next thing I'm debating is whether or not I should root my Atrix gaining the ability to install apps from other than the market. What would you suggest?