LauncherPro - does it work on 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. Captain Stu

Captain Stu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not massively impressed with VillainROM 1.5 to be honest, the battery life is way down on what I used to get with VR12 and I'm debating going back to that but one thing I DO love is LauncherPro and the little dock it gives at the bottom of the screen.

My query is... can you just install that onto VR12 (so, just Android 2.1) or not?

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Launcher pro is a replacement Home and should run on any version of Android

3. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

You dont even need to be rooted to run it.

4. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

Dont trust Jaffa :D. Works only 2.1 and 2.2 as far as I know :) So ofc it will work on VR12! But try elelinux I kinda have a better battery life with that :) . And it will be fixed in the next release anyway. Its not villainteam fault its an upstream bug in CM and its being fixed!

5. Captain Stu

Aahh I know it's not the Villain teams fault! They're utterly fantastic for the amount of work they put it making and tweaking ROM's, wouldn't say a bad word about 'em :D I might put 2.1 back on and use LauncherPro because it's fantastic, proper love it.

Even with the new keyboard, I'm finding it a bit laggy when I'm typing coz I'm a faaaaaast texter.

6. nedamdam

vs

hehe lol :p

7. Captain Stu

OI! :p I am a fast texter and have big fingers not suited to stinky qwerty keyboards.

*waves the discrimination flag*

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I didn't realise Froyd was so bad at the time, but my battery life is waaaay better with Elelinux than on Froyd.

9. nedamdam

Man its not Froyds fault :) . And the Elelinux 1.9 has a newer CM6 nightly I would say. Also the kernel is newer based on nindroid and another dev and if you used the new apps packages :) + some updates.

Elelinux 1.8 was as bad as froyd 1.5 . Btw its not all ppl experiencing this bad battery life.

And since there is no fix I am seriously not sure what it is or was :p

I wouldnt compare ele and froyd:p However I am sticking with Ele :p . Got today 50 hours usage + 3 hours not sleep time. (Means constant gmail checking some games a llittle browsing :D)

10. Captain Stu

Hmmmmm, perhaps this Elelinux might be worth a go...

11. 1ceb0x

1ceb0x Well-Known Member

The bug is in the CM system. Ninpo, the creator of great roms from Team Villain, recognised it and he will properly release a new version of Froyd, maybe 1.6 or 2.0 :).

On villain forum we started a thread with this bug and now it will be fixed, the thread has 50+ pages and counting. :) How's that for a feedback?

Well, i kinda have this problem but some days i can get even 2 days without recharging but without heavy use.
    So i'm expecting this release as i expect a well deserved rest from work, lol =].

PS: Hello XyRo, ol' friend

Xyro likes this.