LauncherPro Install Question

Last Updated:

1. dnelms

dnelms Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can't find the answer to this anywhere. We are thinking of getting the Droid X and I like what I've read about LauncherPro.

Question is... is this just an app that is installed from the marketplace and works OR does the phone have to be rooted before installing?

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

No root needed. Install and go :)

EDIT: You may need an app called home switcher from the market (also free) to switch from Blur to LP

3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I thought home switcher doesn't work on 2.2.

LP is well worth it and I would suggest buying launcher pro plus so you can get all the nifty widgets that come with it.

4. mlclm

mlclm Well-Known Member

I think in the market it says it doesn't, but it actually does.

5. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

well I'll eat my words. It does lol

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

If you like Launcher Pro, you might think of upgrading to the Pro version. You have widgets that work on the homescreen. It is one of my most worthy android purchase.

7. foo

foo Well-Known Member

Agreed. For $3, it can't be beat. Lifetime upgrades...pretty frequent updates...customization..solid app all around for the most part.

8. dnelms

dnelms Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to all... December 16th can't get here fast enough. Say goodbye to Sprint!

9. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

LP is the best! Get it for sure.

10. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Try the free version for a week or two before buying Plus. I like LauncherPro, but it was force closing on me 3-4 times a day, I couldn't deal with it. And yes, I adjusted the memory settings and submitted logs to their forum, didn't help. Only thing that stopped the FC's was disabling autorotate, and I like autorotate, so that wasn't a good enough option for me. Using ADW.Launcher now, works good. Lots of ready-made themes on the market you can DL to use with it too.

11. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

I like LPP and have purchased it, but for now I've gone back to the basic Blur. The phone is more responsive in most things. I'm going to wait for the coming LPP re-write and then try again.

12. LatinSmoke

LatinSmoke New Member

I've been looking for Launcher Pro Plus for days and can't seem to find it on the market. Can anyone else find it?

13. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

It's not in the market. His country isn't allowed to sell in the Android Marketplace yet I believe. You need to buy it from his site and enter the information that is emailed to you.

Here :)

14. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I disabled autorotate for LPP but left it on in the Android settings. This let all the apps rotate but forced Home to stay portrait.

15. LatinSmoke

LatinSmoke New Member

Thanks for the info!

16. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

A tip for better performance with Launcherpro:

Clean EVERYTHING off of your stock homescreens before running Launcherpro. You can leave everything there if you're just trying LP but if you decide to ditch the stock launcher the remaining widgets and even shortcuts take up some memory.

Home Switcher is great for switching back and forth if you're testing or cleaning off the stock screens.

17. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Home switcher according to the market will not work with Froyo..

BUT

I downloaded Home Manager and it works fine. I am currently using LauncherPro Plus (Paid version) I had LPP on my D1 too.. My favorite Home replacement..

18. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Hmmm, didn't know you could do that. But if I did that, then I wouldn't be able to autorotate when going online would I? I prefer to to surf the web in landscape. Anyways, when the full rewite comes out, I'll try it out, and I'm keeping my eye on the Market page for an update that says it fixes the autorotate problem. Mostly happened to me when exiting from a landscape app like Angry Birds or Homerun Battle 3D and going back to LP in portrait. It didn't like that much.

19. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

LP has it's own auytorotation settings that are separate from the OS autorotation settings. My home screen doesn't rotate but all of my apps do. Including the browser and whatnot. I don't get any FCs with LP+

20. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

home smack is a new home switcher, it's really nice.

21. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Ditto! I have it set up the same way. All this does is prevent the home screens from rotating, unless it's in the Car Dock. The magent makes it rotate and all is good. All apps rotate normally.:cool:

22. fradog68

fradog68 New Member

I use and prefer LauncherPro on my DroidX. Made the mistake of downloading it for my wife's DX, and she's not happy with it. If I remove the application, will her screen revert back to its original state? This is what she prefers?

23. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

yes it should.