LauncherPro on the ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jhart15063

jhart15063 Member This Topic's Starter

This is the best home replacement app on the eris. I loved sense because of the widgets but after i bought "weather and toggle widgets." LauncherPro has been awsome. i love the scrolling dock bar,how i can adjust how many pages i have 3 - 7. and its extremely customizable. Im sure most people on here know about this but if you dont check it out. download it free in the market and hit the home button. a window should pop up that says launch with home, sense, or launcherpro. pick launcher pro and see for yourselves!!

Advertisement
  2. jpzsports

jpzsports Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this because I've been seeing amazing reviews for it, but I've always thought that it's not worth it because I have Sense. How does it compare to Sense and why did you make the switch?

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I love launcher pro. It's just a really well made app. It runs well even on the Eris without many problems.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

+1 to that.

I was surprised at the features and configuration capabilities with LP being so quick.

5. jhart15063

i switched because Sense seemed to run slow sometimes and i always hit the phone button on the bottom bar. And in launcherpro you can customize everything and make the app drawer 3D. I liked Sense because of all the widgets but launcherpro has better as a layout and there are widget packs you can get in the market "weather and toggle widgets" worked great for me.

6. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

i love launcher pro too, but does anyone get the feeling(if unrooted) that the 3rd party apps may just conflict and/or slow things down?

i'm not just talking about launcher pro....does anyone run absolute stock? if so, you have a lot of these troubles?

7. jhart15063

yeah i used to get that but i got atk and just kill them when im done using them and that worked for me

8. nacosta

nacosta Member

I currently run with sense on my eris. I tried launcher pro and got rid of it pretty quickly. Did not like the fact that I couldn't use all my widgets and it wasn't any better.

9. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

I love LP! On my eris it runs way smoother than sense did, its far more customizable, and the dev is constantly making updates and improvements and takes feedback on his forums seriously and fixes bugs real quick. Scrollable dock with 15 slots, 3d app drawer, fully customizable. No need for a task killer here!

I did miss my sense widgets at first but there's plenty of replacements in the market.

Its awesome!

10. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

I switched to LP over a month ago and will never go back. I have replaced all the widgets I used in sense with non-sense versions. If I move to another droid phone down the road, you can bet LP will be on it.

11. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member

I love launcherpro. Before I used pandahome2, then standard Sense. Then I rooted and installed Evil Eris 3. The sense on ee3 was better than the regular one. Then I tried LauncherPro. I loved it so much. I used a tool to get rid of the God awful sense lockscreen. +

12. TheKaz

TheKaz Member

A couple of quick questions - if I install Launcher Pro on my Eris, how much space will it take up (I already am using a bunch for apps, and I imagine sense uses up a bunch that I will never clear up) and what do people use to replace apps like the dialer and contacts and mail? Or will those still work, just not the HTC widgets?\

Thanks!

13. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

Using Launcher Pro only disables the HTC widgets, and the Sense "dock" at the bottom of the screen. Dialer and things like that are left intact.
    I'm not sure exactly how much space it takes up though, sorry.

14. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

It really depends on the settings, widgets (if you have the plus version) and configuration you have. I am using seven screens and many of the widgets so mine takes up about 6 Mb.

15. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Whereas I use 3 screens and darn few widgets (2), and it takes up about 3.6mb on my phone.

16. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

I'm using 2 of 3 screens and 3 widgets (Music, Pandora, BatteryLife) and if Airplane Mode and Vibrate Only count as widgets then 5. Mine's taking 3.6 MB as well.

17. Kutanks

Kutanks Well-Known Member

I use launcher Pro. Im rooted running a froyo rom, idk if sense was a battery hog in and of itself, but I get much better battery life running LP (though this is a by-product of not openening my phone every 10 seconds to watch the cool weather animation lol). What sucked about sense was the bottom bar, why does it need a phone button when theres a hardware button for this on the phone? (yes i know that other sense phones incredible, evo, etc. lack that button but still.) Also the dialer in sense was ridiculously laggy, pretty much broke my phone (couldn't make calls).