LauncherPro Plus back to Sense.Support

Last Updated:

1. VizualProphet

VizualProphet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to briefly switch back to the Sense UI from LauncherPro Plus. I read on here that my battery could be dying faster if I still had sense widgets running so I wanted to switch back & clear everything but don't know how.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. noodles317

noodles317 Active Member

Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Downloaded>Launcher pro, then you scroll down and click on "Clear Defaults".

Then press your home button and the option to switch between the two will appear do not set any default at the min, select Sense do what you have to do and then press home again and select "Set as default" and the apply Launcher Pro and hey presto your good to go!

3. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

I'd like to know a way of getting Android on instead of Sense as 2.2 pencilled out this option !!! or is Rooting the only way ???

I use Launcher +

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Are you saying you want to use the stock android launcher instead of sense?

Yes you would need a vanilla custom rom.

yenrod likes this.
  5. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Be careful. I did this just to check there were no widgets. There weren't, but the same wallpaper was set. I changed it to "Clean Slate". When i swapped back to LP the wallpaper was changed there too.

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The wallpaper is fine, even if its live, its only consuming power once in LP.

Its the widgets on sense homescreens that are the problem. If they're on the homescreens, they are running which is why you need to set a blank slate.

Both sense and LP use android's wallpaper so its not as if its running on sense in the background. Its just whatever launcher you are using is displaying it at the time.

7. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

I cant understand why HTC blanked out the abililty to clear the defaults in Sense 2.2 & goto base Android like in 2.1 - ?

I seen a poll on a website & 3/4 where in favour of having this ability.

8. goughy

goughy Well-Known Member

Get Home Switcher. Lets you change your default home screen easily.