Launcherpro plus widgets in Sense launcher?Support

Last Updated:

1. Echo17121

Echo17121 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, this may be a silly question. I really like Sense but I really want to try out the transparent widget mods for launcherpro plus (which I already bought). Is there any way to get the launcherpro widgets in sense? I know the opposite can't be done, but I figure since I paid for the extra widgets, it would be cool if I could use them outside of the launcher lol.

And I know, launcher pro is awesome...I have beautiful widgets and I know that is almost the same but the weather animations are a pain because they come up on any screen and in my apps and I have to tap to clear them and then I can scroll. With sense I just unlock and scroll and I like that alot better right now.

I feel like I shouldn't be the first one to ask this question but I couldn't find anything through searching so... :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Why not try the Launcher Pro website (they have a forum).

(If noone here can answer).

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

OK man, why use SENSE launcher.

The new dock popups are awesome. The bookmark one is soooo sweet. I never used a bookmark widget, but now I dont need one.

Go back to launcher. :)

4. Echo17121

I knew it would get to someone haha! I actually like sense and launcher pro both. I am using text icons at the moment and they show up tiny in the lp dock. Also like I said, I like the weather animations but beautiful widgets is just too glitchy with the way it does them. Maybe I would be better off rooting and getting transparent sense widgets.

5. Echo17121

Oh p.s. totally not a man over here lol :D

6. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

What transparent widget mods are you referring to? I just checked the LP website and the word "transparent" doesn't seem to exist.

Like you, I prefer Sense, but enjoy pieces of LP. I bought LP+ and twice have reverted back to sense. It just looks and feels cleaner to me. I really, really wish there was a way of combining the best of both worlds.

7. Echo17121

It's a mod over at xda...they have a few different versions.

8. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Sorry to say that you can not use the Launcher Pro widgets while using Sense as a Home, and vice-versa you can not use Sense widgets while using Launcher Pro as a Home. Basically, the widgets are not stand alone, they are dependent upon their particular Home launchers.

Very curious about the XDA thread you mention. Care to share a link?

9. azak

azak Well-Known Member

Which widgets exactly does Launcher Pro have that are not on Sense by default? I can't think of any.

10. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

None. But, the ability to re-size them to fit your needs is ++good. And some people just don't like Sense but like those types of widgets. Not to mention that Launcher Pro+ has a few other really nice features that Sense doesn't, scrolling dock with fifteen positions to launch apps from, swipe gestures, pop-ups, ease and amount of customization......

11. s_franchise

s_franchise Well-Known Member

Launcher pro feels like sense in every way possible, thats why i use it and made the switch i too liked sense, but opted for more customization. But if youre worried about how the weather animations are on the phone, maybe youre being a little to particular lol. BW has some of the best skins, and ive never had a problem even after the froyo update. you can also make the background transparent however you want/removing it completely on all the skins

12. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

What are your favorite BW skins? I use BW and love the skins I use (EmotiSun for weather and rotate 2-3 for clock), but get bored quickly and find all the other weather ones suck, and no other clock ones really interest me. I'm wondering if I'm missing out on any.

Thanks!

13. Echo17121

I don't have the link to xda on me right now but if you go to the android themes subsection, and look in the post your android desktop thread there, someone posted the link after I asked how they were doing it.

14. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

i like launcher pro pop ups...u can pop up missed calls, text messages and ur bookmarks. no more bookmark widget hogging up a home screen.

15. Echo17121

Ok, I have made the switch because weather widgets just came out with weather animations that aren't glitchy and I got the transparent widgets from xda and they are awesome! Let's see how long I last!

16. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I'm a LP addict. Just can't seem to shake it.

[​IMG]

17. 00mcd00

00mcd00 Member

18. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I've been on the fence with using alternatve launchers like LP and ADW for a couple months now. I never took the time to configure anyone of these mentioned until recently. I finally setup LP paid version and I've been using it for several days now. It is little different from the Sense UI launcher and I've been enjoying it. I'll go ahead and also setup ADW and use Home Switcher to go back and forth through the 3 different launchers. It is nice to have different options and I'm enjoying experimenting.