1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

LauncherPro Questions

Last Updated:

1. Soccerdude588

Soccerdude588 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As I've got the Incredible, I'm stuck with HTC Sense. I'm not really willing to root. Truthfully, if I could disable HTC Sense, I'd probably not bother with Launcher Pro.

I'm trying to make a functional set of homescreens with all the widgets I want on Launcher Pro but, obviously, the Sense widgets don't work.

So far I'm just using the free version, and I've found widgets I like for most things I want. Like a clock, weather, sports, etc...
    I'd make the upgrade to Launcher Pro Plus, but there doesn't seem to be much there.
    Are there more widgets available to be seen in the plus version?

Also, for you guys that have the incredible (should be most of you since this is the incredible forum), do you find that using launcher pro drains the battery alot? I figure since you can't shut off HTC Sense, it's running in the background.

Advertisement
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I don't have an Inc anymore, but when I did, I had LauncherPro Plus on it, and no, it did not drain the battery any more than normal. Just be sure to remove all of your shortcuts and widgets from your sense screen, as LauncherPro runs overtop of it, and that WILL drain your battery.

3. mikefla

mikefla Well-Known Member

I have launcher pro plus i just bought it this weekend.. I like it because you can size shortcuts and widgets to the size you like on home screens, also the plus has the lp widgets which is the bookmarks, calender, messaging twitter facebook and friends... I just never cared for the huge clock on sense ... plus the 3d rolling apps is kinda cool lol...

4. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

You can't disable Sense no matter what (same for Motoblur), until you flash a custom ROM. Sense will still be running regardless of root or not, alternative launchers is the only wya by it and LauncherPro is so worth it with the Plus widgets.

5. Newbie-Droid

Newbie-Droid New Member

I am also trying out several apps to run my droid x, am currently comparing Quickdesk, ADW.Launcher, LauncherPro, and Visual Task Switcher. Anyone heard anything horrific about any of these? (memory card wiped clean, battery drains extra quick, phone becomes a brick, etc.) Also, if you really think one of these apps, or another I'm not aware of, performs incredibly well, please let me know. Last request, what the heck is draining my battery in 5 to 7 hours? I just purchased a Seidio Innocell Extended Life Battery, but I have a feeling it won't do much more than add an extra hour or so of use.
    Is there an app that fixes this problem. (Apologies for my ignorance, I've only had this phone for 5 days, it's been extremely frustrating trying to utilize it properly)

Thanx for any input you have on these issues!

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Use system panel lite to see what drains the battery as well as check Settings<About phone>Battery use.

7. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

That's a bit annoying not being able to disable Sense, it's a bit daft having 2 'Home' apps running together. If ony I could use the LauncherPro Dock with Sense then I'd be happy.

[​IMG]

8. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

If youre worried about sense draining your battery, just create a theme that has all blank screens, run that, and then switch to LP

9. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's actually what I did.

10. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

I'm still debating on whether or not to purchase the pro version.

They only thing I see different is a few widgets and resizing icons.

If you use desktop visualizer you can use any picture/size for any icon.

So now I cant really see spending the 3 bucks just to get a few widgits that I probably wont use.

Is there anything else that LPP has that I'm missing?

11. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

If you're rooted, you can freeze it via Titanium backup.