1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

LauncherPro / QuickDesk / home button

Last Updated:

1. mattots

mattots Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are several threads already about each of these apps but I'm not sure which (or if either) of them is the main culprit here (although I suspect its my failure to set them up properly that's to blame rather than either of the apps themselves).

I have LP and QD installed (and love both of them btw). I have QD set as the default home app and in QD have set LauncherPro as the default app to launch when pressing the home button. I've also set QD to launch on long-press of the search button. By default, QD is set to open on double-tap of the home button but I've set the home key timing in QD configuration to 1ms so that is effectively disabled.

The issue I have is that if I exit an app using the back button, I have to press the home button twice to go to the desktop overview (or get back to the main home screen if I'm not currently on it). However, if I exit an app using the home button then I only need to press the home button once to get to the overview. I'm sure that before I installed QD I didn't have this issue.

Anyone else noticed this or know why it's happening / how to resolve it?

Advertisement
  2. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Same here.

I've also noticed that if I'm on one of my home screens that's not my main one, a single tap of the Home button doesn't return me to the main screen; I need to tap it twice.

I wish there was a way to disable the 2-tap Home Screen feature in Quick Desk.

3. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

If you don't want QuickDesk to do the double tap thing just set your default home to LauncherPro (or whatever) The only reason QuickDesk needs to be a default home is for double-tap. Long press search still works without it.

(G) likes this.
  4. mattots

mattots Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you! I should have figured this one out for myself - wondered why I needed to have QD set as my default home app!

5. Wug

Wug Member

To get these two apps to function properly together check out my instructions posted: here

-Wug