LauncherPro + Update

Last Updated:

1. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those with LP+ there was a new update today. It has a new LP widgit. Its a calendar that is very close to the HTC Sense one.

I for one missed the Sense Calender and am happy as can be with this update.

Not sure what else was updated since the LP site doesnt have the change log up yet but thats one thing i did notice.

LP ver 0.7.2.0 is the update ID.

Advertisement
  2. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

3. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

There is also "agenda widget" that is really nice. I still have sense and I switched to it.

4. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Just updated

Just edited to add I really like this new calender/agenda widget combo better than the Sense calender

5. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

You can now add swipe gestures to icons in the dock, too.

6. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Ok stupid question but i just dl launcher to give it a try. Now how do i use it since its not an executable file?

Thanks.

7. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Yeah really like the agenda thanks to fede the change the font size cause the beta he had the font was too big let's see what else he does, I like the app support is really good I hope he makes other apps too

8. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

After you install it, press the home button and you should get a prompt for which launcher to use. Make sure to tell it to be the default, first. If that doesn't work for you, download Home Switcher and select LauncherPro as your default launcher.

Home Switcher - Android app on AppBrain

Barats likes this.
  9. SHO_ONE

SHO_ONE Well-Known Member

What??? If your on your Android Phone (I would imagine it's an EVO since your in the EVO Forum... you'd download it via the market place. Once you've downloaded it and it has automatically installed it's self simply touch the home button on you EVO and it'll ask you which launcher to use. Once their select Launcher Pro and your golden!

Launcher Pro Plus will cost you, but IMHO it's worth every cent!

10. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Thanks. So what is the differences between the pro version and the free version?

11. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Pro version will include the custom widgets he is making to replace all the SenseUI widgets.
    Right now he has bookmark and calendar/agenda done. I believe he is working on the friendstream widget next.

12. JasonK75

JasonK75 Well-Known Member

Good questions! I just switched to LP myself and was wondering the same thing. Anyone else noticing their battery draining faster than normal?

13. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

I feel the same. My battery is draining pretty fast and I'm at 1 hour usage instead of my 4 hours at the same level. It probably isnt much but it might be 1% or 2% more per hour.

I'm finding LP to be pretty neat but Sense is pretty solid all on its own. However battery levels will win the day.

14. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

LauncherPro won for me because it supports landscape.

My phone spends 90% of the day in landscape (car, kickstand at work, ect). And I just got fed up with having to look at everything sideways.

15. JasonK75

JasonK75 Well-Known Member

Whew; glad it isn't just me then. You did do the update today to the newest version of LP, right?

16. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

Yeah i did the update, I only used LP for about two days tho. I was on 2.1 still with 1.47 running.
    I could of gone 10 hours with 80% left with no use and after LP it is more like 60% left. So something fishy is going on but I don't think the update had much to do with it.

17. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

IMO landscape is pretty neat, but sense trained me to use portrait so much that landscape isn't a "need" for me per say. I almost never get near a desk for my job so it's a moot point.

However, if 90% of my day is gonna be as long as 60% of my day on sense, that's what'll ultimately make the difference, cause the battery on the EVO is ok at best...

18. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

I get that. I just don't see much of a battery diffrence with LP to notice it. But if your seeing battery issues I can understand your point.

19. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

I'm going to run a test tomorrow at work and see how far it gets me in 2.2...

I'll leave it idle the 9ish hours I'm at work and I *should* be at 80% still, if not then it's clearly that... I even have less widgets on the home screens than when I'm on Sense also...

20. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

Just update OTA and I can't seem to get launcherpro to stick as the default. I can launch it but the second I hit the home button it goes right back to Sense.

Any one else having this problem?

21. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Mm yeah what you do is go to aplication clear out htc sense setting and next time you press home choose laincher pro as the main one, I had the same problem too

22. jsweets13

jsweets13 Active Member

I downloaded launcher pro and it doesnt show up after... i look in all app and its not there either.. any help?