LauncherPro

Last Updated:

1. StoneCutter

StoneCutter Active Member This Topic's Starter

Uh oh. Not sure what happened to my phone.

I was using my Droid today and all of a sudden when I hit the home button, it came up with a notice that LauncherPro Beta had expired and I needed to install a new version.

I go to the website and the downloads are no longer available. It says "This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!".

I finally figured out how to get into the market without the launcher and it failed to install, telling me I had to do a manual install.

I'd post my phone specs, but I can't get to the settings without a working launcher.

What I do know is that I'm running NexFroyo but I don't know what version.

How do I just get back to the default launcher?

Advertisement
  2. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

You'd have to go into manage applications and clear the defaults for launcher pro.

3. StoneCutter

Thanks. Now I'm back to the default launcher.

I found an apk of the new LauncherPro, but it won't install. I don't know if I need to delete the old one (ver 0.4.4) to get the new one (ver 0.7.1.0) to install. If I do, I'm not sure how to do it. The uninstall button is grayed out in the application manager.

4. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

You probably installed a custom LP which is installed in your System Apps, which is why it will not update and the uninstall is grayed out. You will have to remove another way. The easiest way I can think of is using Root Explorer and going to /system/app/ find the .apk and delete it then reboot your phone. Once that is done you should be able to install from the market.

StoneCutter likes this.
  5. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

If you have root explorer go to data/app (might be in /system/app)

the file name for launcherpro should be in there (not sure the exact name, but the devs name, fede, is in it)

you could try just deleting it from there, but this is what I normally do

open terminal

su
    rm /data/app/"file name" <---- from root explorer
    pm uninstall "file name" <---- look for this one in manage applications >all
    after you do rm /data/app

StoneCutter likes this.
  6. StoneCutter

Got it! Thanks!

Now I just have to set it back up again with my widgets.

I was freaking out because I had to make a phone call and couldn't open the launcher and didn't know that you could hold down the home button to get the last 8 apps.