LauncherPro

Last Updated:

1. MikeC1408

MikeC1408 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Downloaded this over the weekend and really liked it, especially the counts on the icons for Mial, SMS etc.

However, It is draining the battery fast. Using System Info I can see that when LauncherPro is installed android.process.acore is running at 100% CPU yet without it installed it runs at 0%

Any ideas what is occuring and how it can be fixed, or is this normal for LauncherPro?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

not sure about that process,

but when running LauncherPro, make sure that in sense, you set the scene to a blank scene with no widgets or shortcuts and with a plain wallpaper.

LauncherPro runs over the top of sense, so if you have any widget etc open in sense they will be using resources in the background.

MikeC1408 likes this.
  3. MikeC1408

Will give it a go and report back.

Thanks

4. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I use launcher pro. android.process.acore is always running but it uses minimal CPU on my phone 0-0.5. No idea what it is though.

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

If you're still having problems after setting the original Sense homescreens to a blank slate and removing all the active widgets, try uninstalling LauncherPro and reinstalling it again. There was a known bug that occurs sometimes with the first installation (happened to me) and installing again solves it.

MikeC1408 likes this.
  6. dinaro

dinaro Well-Known Member

hmm I noticed the same thing. Launcherpro causes 2 processes to jump to 100% cpu usage according to quick system info processes tab.

7. MikeC1408

Re-Installed a couple of times now and now joy. Still sitting at 100% and sometimes shows it running twice.

8. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Have heard this on a couple of forums. Head over to the LP forum, there may be a solution.

As for the 2 instances, only one will be LP. Read somewhere that different processes can have the same names apparently.

9. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Since your phone isn't rooted, LauncherPro is running on top of Sense, make sure that Sense doesn't have a bunch of widgets running as well.

The LP forums would probably be the place to go for further troubleshooting.

-Mike

10. MikeC1408

It's rooted now :D

Following Tony's advice the battery life has now stabalised even thought he process remains at 100%

So I'm happy.

11. ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX Well-Known Member

Just a quickie :p , how do I go about checking the sense screens are clear of widgets now that I am using LP?

Thanks Paul

12. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Did you use Home Switcher to make LP your default launcher?

If using Home Switcher - open the app and select Sense. Sense will open so you can drag everything off the screen (or Menu > Scenes > Blank slate I think). If you have any apps/widgets on your Sense homescreens that you DON'T use on LP, enter each app setting and check that update interval / refresh / sync is set to Manual / Never to avoid updating in the background.

If not using Home Switcher - from any Homescreen: Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Downloaded. Look for LauncherPro and select it, scroll down and click 'Clear default' - DO NOT select 'Clear data'! Exit settings and lock phone. Unlock the phone and you get a choice of launchers, select Sense.

You can make LP your default again by Lock/Unlock and selecting 'Make default' when choosing LP.

ScoobyWRX likes this.