Launchers and Battery LifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. gocoogs

gocoogs Member

First off, let me say that I love my EVO BUT as an ex-Hero owner, I am pretty much done with Sense. I am simply tired of the colors and layout. Although, HTC has figured out how to make a mighty fine bookmarks and calendar widget.

I have tried LauncherPro and ADW but as most EVO users, battery life is a constant worry.

Can anyone spell out how launchers and Android work battery wise? I have read that Sense is never really replaced so there would be an additional drain using launchers right?

No offense but please abstain from any root related suggestions like 'just root it bro'

Thanks

Advertisement
    stainlessray likes this.
  2. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

gocoogs likes this.
  3. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

^didn't you just say that you've tried Launcher Pro already?

i wish i could help, but i just want to see if you get any good answers to what is a very good question.

(i will add that, i have improved my battery enough to tolerate the drain that i am certain is still caused by the dual launchers i use now)
  4. mistery

mistery Member

Tried Launcher Pro and ADW and both suck battery on Galaxy S.
    Haven't tried Go or Zeam yet.
    Using the default TwLauncher that comes on Galaxy and can make it to 7 days of battery life with that one.
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have used Launcher pro on my evo since July and have seen absolutely no battery drain from the launcher.

what does spare sarts show for battery usage?

why in the world are all of these posts from August getting bumped? lol