Last Updated:

1. viisign

viisign Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there have a list of different launchers to use on the samsung epic? i m running the launcher pro. i'd like to know what other ones are out there and what ones you all are using? I would like to try some different ones.

2. -javier-

-javier- Well-Known Member

3. rounsy222

rounsy222 Well-Known Member

Same here, zeam. Just feels better than launcher pro. I had adw on my my moment briefly but went to launcher pro, but now with my epic i had launcher pr but started to have issues with it so i tried zeam and havent looked back.
  4. Inferno4213

Inferno4213 Well-Known Member

I've used Zeam, Launcher Pro, & ADW.Launcher all for a good amount of time. I'm currently using ADW with a Gingerbread theme. I'm thinking about dropping the $3.28 for ADW Launcher Ex. It look pretty cool... check it out.

ADW Launcher Ex
  5. Tandroid86

Tandroid86 Member

I like Zeam a lot. I could swear I get a good amount more battery life out of the phone too.
  6. kush621

kush621 New Member

Go Launcher
  7. scionxa

scionxa Member

launcher pro drained my battery, zeam seems to improve it lol
  8. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member

tried adw ex today..sweet launcher,but the widgets are minimal...keeping launcher pro +
  9. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

until som1 can do the dock deal like Launcher Pro, then I will forever be a LP plus guy...
  10. Teh_ROFFLES

Teh_ROFFLES New Member

I like Zeam. It's pretty minimalist and customizable. (Also free!)
  11. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

i like launcher pro, and I have launcher pro plus. its kinda laggy on 2.1 but on 2.2 it seems flawless. also has a major update coming in january
  12. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo Well-Known Member

trying out Zeam, liking it so far. I like how it starts "clean" and lets you add and customize as you want.
  13. diego1985

diego1985 Member

Yal are gonna hate me for this one but, tw launcher.
  14. xTmDarren

xTmDarren Well-Known Member

lol i actually keep trying new launchers and keep going back to my tw launcher... so im with you..
  15. Toast95135

Toast95135 Active Member

I like LP+ but I started using ADW for a while. I got the new ADW EX and it's super smooth and it seems to use less memory then LP.
  16. Android82

Android82 New Member

I've just started using Zeam and I really like it.
  17. Pengwinn

Pengwinn Well-Known Member

I haven't visited these forums for while, however my upgrade is up, and I am trying to decide what to get (currently using Moment)..

Sorry if this is out of place, and sorry for the total newb comment, but I've seen quite a few posts about "Launchers" so I would like to know, what is a Launcher, and what does it included/do for the phone?

Thanks in advance!
  18. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

a launcher is pretty much a UI, different UIs have different characteristics that change the homescreen, apdrawer, everything really. unless your phone comes with plain vanilla android, you have a manufacturer launcher like Sense (htc), Touchwiz (samsung), or Motoblur (motorola). the market has launchers created by devs that will work on any android phone. since touchwiz isn't so great, a lot of epic users prefer 3rd party launchers
    Pengwinn likes this.
  19. scionxa

scionxa Member

hey does anyone get any force close errors with their dialer ? It seems as if ever since I started using launchers, i get force close errors
  20. inoh

inoh Well-Known Member

Which Launcher uses the least resources?