• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launchers

It really depends on you. There is no best for everyone. And, it will depend on which version of Android you have. Nova, Apex, ADW, Go are just a few of the most popular and each handles things just a little differently. You should read the reviews and give each one a try. Then you'll have a better idea which will work best for you.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I was worried that there would be a lot.
There are - Luna was just keeping it simple ;).
I like very visually pleasing launchers. Thanks for the insight.
The trouble there is that one person's "visually pleasing" is another person's "boring" or "unholy mess". And most launchers let you have a range of different looks anyway, and conversely you can produce a similar look with many different launchers.

Have a look what other people have done, try a couple and see what works for you.

Upvote 0
The launchers I have consistently used have been:
  • Back in my Sense days I used to switch between the sense launcher and nova prime, depending if i wanted something that looked better or something that felt cohesive (I am a sucker for a cohesive experience.) I used to dabble in action launcher sometimes too, which is cool if you want to try a launcher with a completely different flow then most.
  • Now that I'm on nexus android I stay with the google now launcher most of the time. What can I say, I love a cohesive ecosystem. I switch to action launcher every once in a while but always end up back in google now

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I guess I stick with Apex because it's the devil I know. :) One of the nicest features with third party launchers is the ability to backup settings and configurations. If I flash a rom or an updated factory image, or I switch phones, if I backup the launcher and then restore it, it puts me back right where I left off. Stock launchers may not have that feature (and I've never been able to warm up to Google Now as a launcher.)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Think I'm gonna try this Nokia Z launcher tomorrow if I remember ;)
I'm quite a fan of trying new and different approaches, particularly with launchers. I found a lot about the Z Launcher that I really like... It's clean, fast, and lightweight; scribbling a letter to launch an app is pretty effective.

But I switched back to my Old Faithful (Google Now Launcher) an hour ago. I'm pretty seriously hooked on swiping to the side to quickly access Google Now.

That said, I'm really eager to see what the next version of Action Launcher is going to look like: https://plus.google.com/104649936579980037256/posts/7Gjxacpb5PH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones