• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lay it down with screen turned off & locked, then find it has done "wierd" stuff anyway

It sounds like a spyware problem or a pseudo-spyware problem. As Babygirle mentions above, there are harmless looking apps that let people deliberately spy on your phone. There are also apps like Outlook, which have well-intended phone locator functionality and allow you to wake up your phone, turn on the GPS, and report the phone's location to a website so that you can find it if it's lost (or if you want to figure out where the owner is). I use Outlook for its antivirus capability, but I have used the locator feature to wak up and find a lost phone.

Upvote 0
i have only had my phone 2 days...mine does the same thing. it was sitting on the couch, untouched for 5 minutes. i was reading the manual to figure something out and all of a sudden music started playing. it has done that now 5 times. did it once during a phone call also. my calendar has popped up, my text messaging and something voice activated. not liking new phone so far!!!

Upvote 0
My phone puts widgets and bookmark shortcuts on home page. When watching YouTube video's it goes all crazy trying ti decide orientation. I am tired of this phone. I have an ipod touch, blackberry in the past and never had as many bugs or glitches as I have had with this phone. Htc hero before this lg phone and it was buggy as well. Next time I go with wp7 or blackberry again. Android is becoming "uncool"

Upvote 0
.... This is not just an Optimums S issue, it is an android issue. ....
I would challenge this assertion.

I have owned over half a dozen Android devices, none of them has behaved in this strange manner.

I have had my Blackberry phone do more weird stuff than this, like randomly go into the security screen and lock me out for a minute or two.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones