LCD Density Changer Problems

Last Updated:

1. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running cm6 and the Galaxy S Theme. I would like to run my density at 160 because I really love how tiny the icons look on my screen. However, when I run the density to that setting my notification menu bar no longer stretches across the top of the screen, it appears as a small square in the left hand corner. I also have the same problem in the market place, where the grey background should stretch across behind where it says "market". My friend runs his at 160 and has no problems like this, however he is not running cm6 or the theme I am. So, while it doesn't really narrow it down any, I'm sure the problem is in one of the two, more likely the theme in my mind. Any idea's how I can fix or repair this problem?

Advertisement
  2. flukeSG2

Anybody?

3. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

its prob the 160 with the theme

4. busyychild

busyychild Active Member

its the theme. just deal with it or run a different one.

5. 355spider

355spider Well-Known Member

160 won't even work on my phone. The net becomes unreadable below 200 anyway. You always have to zoom in which gets tiresome.

6. flukeSG2

Wow, you are so helpful.

As far as readability goes at 160, I have no problems at all, I prefer the tiny type.

I guess I was wondering if anyone knew how to go into and edit such things in themes like the notification bar and so on. I'd like to fix this if at all possible as a very much prefer my Galaxy S theme above most others.

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

:confused:

the truth isn't what we want to hear.

if it is in fact the theme...you'd really be stuck with three options

increase density

change themes

deal with it

8. flukeSG2

I'm going to try and find out some more details about themes, because I believe this is fixable. I believe that because I've seen the phone run at 160 density and have no problems. So I'm thinking its a problem with the image used for the notification bar or something along those lines.

9. chewybang

chewybang Member

I have the exact same issue on a droid x running at 160 density. Everything looks awesome except that the notification bar is smaller and doesn't strech. Furthermore, my notification bar is actually transparent and shows the color of whatever is behind it. I really like that glitch; however, my notification background is black... and so are my fonts. D'oh!

I'm still researching to see if I can figure a way of fixing it. If you find something out, post it here. I'll do the same.

10. flukeSG2

my background is black too, but my fonts are white so it looks really good. I haven't found anything yet, but I'll keep looking.