Leak from Best BuyGeneral

1. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Well-Known Member

Just found this:
    Exclusive: redesigned Motorola Droid Bionic looks confirmed in Best Buy leak | This is my next...

And so it begins!

[​IMG]

EDIT:
    There may be a chance that this is a fake, however small:
    http://errorlevelanalysis.com/permalink/70a7d7c/

EDIT2:
    In a comment from a BestBuy employee, it is stated that these photos are usually cobbled together poorly, as the analysis shows. I'm going to give this a 95% real rating.

EDIT3:
    Real.
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...y-buyer-s-guide-appearance-look-familiar.html

Advertisement
  2. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

damn you're fast, i was just about to post this lol
    YankeeDudeL likes this.
  3. tehsusenoh

I watch my Google Reader and 3 different forums like a hawk.
  4. n0apostrophe

n0apostrophe Well-Known Member

I was hoping the bionic would have physical buttons on bottom, but it still does look nice. can't wait!
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Based on bezel design and lack of mention, seems doubtful this would have a 4.5" display. This would be a good thing.

If a 4.5" display, VZW would be touting it, front and center.
  6. Dam with the charge being 300 this most definitely is gonna be the same. Its sucks cause i know 4g wont be in my area for a while but i just gotta get grandfathered into unlimited LTE :cool:.
  7. tehsusenoh

I think that the redesign looks a bit better than the original, as I like more metal than plastic. I just hope that that isn't a chin on the bottom. Then it would look like a Droid 3 that was dropped and the keyboard fell off.

Oh, and I hope it has an unlocked bootloader, but that probably won't happen, as the Photon is confirmed not to.
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Dont give up on the bootloader. What Moto did with the Atrix should give folks hope...
  9. it looks good I like the new design. Also latest rumors say it will have an unlockable bootloader like the xoom. Hopefully we start seeing some more leaks with specs and everything.
  10. tehsusenoh

Just updated the first post, this may have been shopped heavily, based on the analysis.
  11. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

That just doesn't LOOK real to me. Little things here and there that make me think it's a shop.
  12. fadeout

fadeout Well-Known Member

I'm seriously hoping for 4.5" screen it was the main thing that I was looking forward to, then I could ditch my Bolt and snatch this up. If not I might hold off a minute and grab a tablet instead.
  13. ChiefIlliniwek5

ChiefIlliniwek5 Well-Known Member

When you compare that image to the one that was released by the FCC, I think that extra "chin" on the bottom is the extra space that was needed for the LTE antenna.
    redraider1 likes this.
  14. tehsusenoh

I meant chin as in the reverse chin like on the bottom of the Droids with the keyboards. Where it gets smaller as it gets to the bottom. I'd rather have it be nice and flush.
  15. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I do have one prob with this flyer. It says a superfast dual core processor. Why on earth would it not reveal what the exact clock speed is if it's so impressive?

Oh, and why do they use the phrase "Video chat with dual cameras"? Why not advertise it as a Front Facing Camera, as it seems to be the new "it" feature and buzzword?

Really, this flyer reveals nothing that we didn't already know. And what's the likelihood that the logos for Verizon and Google are that much larger than Best Buy's?
  16. Watson111505

Watson111505 JDUB VIP Member

Stoked for this Phone. This will be a nice little upgrade from the X.
  17. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

to prove this isn't fake, in the leaked photos last month there was not a side view of the phone. so there's no way this is shopped
    redraider1 likes this.
  18. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Does this look like the same phone that's in the flyer but with a different screen shot?

[​IMG]
  19. rushmore

There is a more pronounced rim on this pic, compared to the OP pic.

As far as the logo sizes, it is par for the course, since Moto and VZW would be paying for most if not all the ad pub cost, so part of the agreement.

IMO, the OP pic looks better and I do not like the rim in this pic. Looks almost like a super thin case.
  20. dirkbonn

Kinda difficult to tell about the size of the rim in the two pics due to the different angles, but I thought the placement of the logos, the FF camera and bottom four buttons looked extremely similar. They appear to me to be the same phone.

However we'll know for sure soon enough....
  21. rushmore

Yep, should have said "seems".
  22. Yitsy

Yitsy New Member

I am super excited. The only thing I don't like about this is the silver lining from the Droid 2. Overall though, this phone is beast.
  23. dirkbonn

Yeah, I'm getting pretty excited too. Verizon says Honolulu will be getting 4G on July 21st. I'm way out on the east end of the island so I'll have to wait and see if the LTE coverage reaches this far. There is a tower in our valley and hopefully they'll consider it Honolulu and "Light it up".
  24. Because this wasnt supposed to be out? Most likely it isnt finished which is why it doesnt say a date or list detailed specs. And probably because they knew someone Would leak it and want everyone to still guess exact specs.
  25. Sportster

Sportster Well-Known Member

It's just a flyer and the average phone buyer isn't as in to the spec ratings as we hard core'ers are. From everything I've heard/read it does have a 4 1/2" screen so no surprise there. And someone mentioned 'what they did to the Atrix should provide hope' as in bootloader being locked...what did they do to the Atrix??