• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leak v1 HTC symbol flashing after hit homekey

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've been on here since I was happy with the v1 leak. Last week my phone started being sketchy...whenever I hit the home key the HTC symbol pops up and says "loading" and takes a few seconds to get to the main screen. Major pain in the butt. Anyone else going through this?

Will downloading 2.1v3 help that?

How long is the Eris under warrantee? If you bring your phone into Verizon with one of the leaked versions, will they not replace it? Will they even know a difference?

My husband's Eris is doing all sorts of crazy things and he's mad at me for convincing him to try the leaked version.

After some research I'm gathering that we will not receive the OTA 2.1, correct? Will this ever change in the future?

So where I sit right now, I am thinking that my best solution is to install 2.1v3, do you agree?

Finally, I sincerely apologize if I'm being redundant with others asking the same questions. I tried searching threads and didn't find anything to fully answer my questions. You guys have been amazing in the past helping my very non-techie mind wrap itself around this smartphone technology. Thank you!!

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've been on here since I was happy with the v1 leak. Last week my phone started being sketchy...whenever I hit the home key the HTC symbol pops up and says "loading" and takes a few seconds to get to the main screen. Major pain in the butt. Anyone else going through this?

Will downloading 2.1v3 help that?

How long is the Eris under warrantee? If you bring your phone into Verizon with one of the leaked versions, will they not replace it? Will they even know a difference?

My husband's Eris is doing all sorts of crazy things and he's mad at me for convincing him to try the leaked version.

After some research I'm gathering that we will not receive the OTA 2.1, correct? Will this ever change in the future?

So where I sit right now, I am thinking that my best solution is to install 2.1v3, do you agree?

Finally, I sincerely apologize if I'm being redundant with others asking the same questions. I tried searching threads and didn't find anything to fully answer my questions. You guys have been amazing in the past helping my very non-techie mind wrap itself around this smartphone technology. Thank you!!

Do you run anything other than HTC Sense (i.e. Helix Launcher or Home)? Make sure HTC Sense is set as the default.

Also, make sure a task killer is not killing HTC Sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones