leak v3 or the official 2.1General

Last Updated:

1. sk842018

sk842018 Member This Topic's Starter

This is my first thread,sry if not very good. I have a eris running v3(which is doing great) but I want root, so i called Verizon tech support and told them I had software problems,and there sendind me a different phone, is there a way to tell if the phone they send is the official 2.1 or the leak? I'm wanting to root so need official,unless it comes with 1.5. Any information will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Advertisement
  2. false_apology

false_apology Well-Known Member

If you hold down power+volume down, (with the phone off) it should bring you to a white screen with some options. At the top it should show your HBoot version. If it says 1.47, you are good to go for root. if it says 1.49, the phone was probably flashed with what we call "the leak v3" software. (which BTW is identical to the OTA in every respect).

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

They phone they send will have 1.5 on it. Once you turn it on, it will prompt you to install the OTA 2.1.

4. Sketchee

Sketchee Well-Known Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be weird if Verizon tech support was sending out unofficial leak phones instead of official software?