Last Updated: Mar 31,2010
- Trying the leaked 2.1
- I'm waiting for the official release.
Re-do this thread with a Built-In Poll
What if you leak on the OTA???
Waiting for OTA.
leakin it up
Same here. There are now nearly 3,000 posts in the 2.1 sticky thread, hundreds after the leak came around, and I have yet to see one single reason to replace 1.5 on my Eris.
People are posting mostly good stuff, things they wanted/needed they say. But 1.5 is fine and honestly I'm hoping the 2.1 is optional when it does come around OTA.
Waiting. Until I see an official battery fix, I'm not doing the upgrade. If there is no battery fix, it's being sold and I'm getting the nexus one. Rather a better phone with shit battery life.
you can't be serious frisco, your posts lately have hurt my head trying to figure out your reasoning...
I'm all for getting new toys as quickly as possible, but I can't think of a compelling reason not to play it safe on this one.
The battery fix is buying a Seidio higher capacity battery.
It's a smart phone. It eats battery at an incredible rate. There's no fix for that, except turning off mobile network, etc.
N1 won't do better on battery than your Eris with a battery upgrade, yet cost a lot more money.
My phone works fine. What else is there to say about it? That's precisely my point; it's too simple to have an explanation for it, but I'll try:
My phone works fine.
Anybody know how to downgrade from 2.1 to 1.5?
but this makes it work....better....
"i like my 100hp civic, it is just fine, they offered me a free 100hp upgrade, but im good"
This is not my first smartphone. I've had B&W sidekick, 2, 3, TMO Dash (WMO), G1, LG Dare, and now this.
I have everything shut off besides mobile, never searches for service, no social networking updates, and I can't make it to 9am to 5pm on a single charge. That's not a battery problem, that's a OS problem.
Oh, and a Curve and Now storm for work
In case you haven't seen the thread you cannot downgrade using the MR2 RUU currently supplied but they should(hopefully) have a place where we can D/L the 2.1 RUU once it is released and install the Verizon approved that way.
your phone is broken, sorry
get a replacement.
i could stream youtube on a full charge and last longer then that.
"Better" is relative, as we see by posts all over these forums.
I purchased the Eris after playing with it and the Droid for quite a while in the store. The Eris in the store was very cool. The Eris I purchased out of the box and have now is very cool. Each of the little problems I had with it turned out to be things that I would never have worried about had I downloaded the PDF manual.
To me, an upgrade is not necessary .. at least yet, with this phone. Obviously the hordes disagree.
Just waiting for 2.1, if same problems, I'll sell it. I was originally buying the droid, but loved the eris. I'm digging the form factor on the N1, but hate to give up this phone. Love the size.
I'm trying the leaked OS, but flashing back to 1.5 when the 2.1 comes out officially.
Wow I'm really surprised at the numbers so far, really thought that they would be even atleast.
you cant do that
Definately waiting for the OTA. 2.0.1 is fine now and people just need some patience. Also, in my experience, leaked versions (especially with computer games and software) tend to have problems, are are most definately NOT offically supported. Good luck getting support if you tell someone that you installed the leaked version. LoL
I'm "On the Bus"
.....currently reading Tom Wolfes "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test"
Since the OTA will be out soon I can wait or I may just keep the leak til the OTA comes then flash back and get the update "officially."
The geeks, drunks and pool-shooting bikers haven't shown up yet.
Separate names with a comma.