Leaked 2.1 update for DROID - Live Wallpapers!

Last Updated:

1. screamster

screamster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Now if they would release it already. :mad:

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Not unless the new kernel or Dalvik makes running them more efficiently. Current attempts dog the DROID down something fierce.

4. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

Sure. Like the first comment on that page, I'll believe it when I see it.

5. screamster

From what it looks like to me, the video without the Live Wallpapers definitely looks faster than this new video. This new video with Live Wallpapers looks to be the same speed I am having now with my current DROID build.

I wonder if they will give users and option for both versions.

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Actually the new ESE53 build works really well with live walls. It takes about 12MB according to ATK. I don't get any lag when switching screens or opening the app drawer. OC'd at 1.1. I still wouldn't use them daily though.

They have added it officially though. The ESE53 is the latest build that is considered ready for public release. They might have one or 2 more builds before we get the actual OTA but live walls will be in it.

7. screamster

8. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been running the ESE53 on mine for a couple days now, no lag with the live wallpapers. It's pretty sweet actually. I do wish they would push the "actual" release out though.

9. stearic

stearic Well-Known Member

Now if only they would add the extra 2 screens so we can have 5 instead of 3 on stock.

10. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

Running the same, I did notice a good bit of lag with a live wallpaper (can't remember which one) and scrolling a long list in the 'all contacts' folder. Reverting back to a standard wallpaper eliminated the lag.

11. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm running the ESE53 and the live wallpapers have been working fine for me. Virtually no lag and I'm not even OC'd.

12. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

if i update to this will i still get a notice for the real update?

13. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

I've been running it for 3 days now.LWP are fine on it. It didn't lag. The browser is really nice and fast also.
    I'm over clocked now but the first day I wasn't and I feel it was almost if not just as fast when I had 2.0.1overclocked.

The neutral network Droid wallpaper looks like crap though.

14. doomedromance

No I think all the ROM developers disable that. Because if you do it you will lose root access and you won't be able to root until they get it to work for 2.1.

15. slick_old

Yep. The aliasing in the browsing is perfect and the browser is blazing fast. The pinch to zoom has been vastly improved and its really good and smooth (not choppy or glitchy at all). My app drawer scrolls just as fast with live wallpapers as my stock 2.0.1 Droid did. My widgets all work fine and so do all of the other programs I've used. The only place with any noticeable lag is the gallery and it is not major at all. Keep in mind, I am running the ESE53 via Pete's BB v0.5 and I am not OC'd.

16. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Haha, this is what happens when you don't visit the root section of these forums.

This is old news :D

17. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

How's the battery life w/ LWP's running? I'm running Sholes 2.0.6 (which gives good batt life normally) and the LWP's suck battery juice badly, even in standby mode (depending upon the wallpaper). I've noticed that some of the LWP's put a constant load on the CPU of 80% or more (like water or galaxy), whereas others have a much lighter load (like magic smoke or starfield). I'm running OC'd at 1Ghz. Install OS Monitor, then try out different live papers and let us know what the CPU load looks like.

18. DA717

DA717 Well-Known Member

I'm on the ESE53 OC at 800 with Live wallpaper running and after 6 hours and 30 minutes I'm still at 90% battery life. mind you I haven't done much with my phone today other than check email a few times and that's it. Live Wallpaper is showing 2% usage.

19. slick_old

Hoonestly, I would say that my battery life with lwp is just as good now as it was stock 2.01. But then again I'm running Pete's 0.5 and I'm NOT OC'd, so maybe that has something to do with it. My batt life was deplorable when I was OC'd at 1gig via sholesmod 2.0.3.

20. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

My battery seems to be the same today as it always is at the end of my work day. Today is the first work day where I've had the ESE53 on here. And I have a Market lwp set (Plasma), though I think the market lwp's use a bit less memory/cpu than some of the default ones (like Water). I'm also OD'd to 800mhz, which is what I've been using for a month or two (just no lwp until today).

21. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Personally I have been using LWP for 2 days and I notice no unnatural lag at all. I am running at 550 mhz and it seems to run so smooth. When I was using the sholesmod ROM I thought it was quite laggy, even if I overclocked (which I preferred not to, to preserve battery). Today was my first day of work w LWP enabled and I think my battery has fared the same, if not better, than the usual. I am using BB 0.6 and using the Neural Network LWP. Does anyone know the kind of load Neural puts on the CPU or how much battery it uses (a lot, little?)? I might just stick to static wallpapers, because battery life is kind of a priority to me.

Also, are there any figures for the improvement of ESE53 over ERE25? Like the increase in battery life, performance, call quality, etc, etc?

22. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

I've been running the live wallpapers for a few days and notice no difference in battery performance. I'm running the original version of ESE53, which means standard everything.

23. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

thanks!

24. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Actually we don't need to worry about finding a root exploit for 2.1 anymore. Now that we have SBF files for 2.0.1 and 2.0 we can ALWAYS flash them with RSD lite and revert back to either build which both are easily rootable. This can NEVER, EVER be changed no matter what update VZW/Moto pushes OTA.

Medic_in_SC likes this.
  25. doomedromance

Oh duh, I forgot about that.
    Neummannator, you wouldn't want to do the OTA any way, by the time its released it will be more behind on the times than this thread is. Haha.

Yea but it's a million times less than it lagged in the 2.0.1 build. Every time I opened it it would have to reload the thumbnails and it would take almost a minute. Now it's a few seconds at most.