leaked 2.1 vs rooted 2.1

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I'm thinking about updating to 2.1 this weekend just don't know what one to go with so I created this thread to post pro's and con's of either or.

For example
    Running 2.1 leaked

Pro's

Con's

How long you've been running it

How you like it

Thanks to all that post.

Advertisement
    droidkevlar likes this.
  2. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

Pros of leaked:
    -It's a newer build, so more of the bugs have been worked out.
    -You don't have full SU access so the chances of bricking your phone after you've completed the install are pretty much non existent.

Cons:
    -You don't have SU access so you are limited as to what you can do/change on your phone.
    - As of right now, there is no way to roll back to 1.5 and no root solution for 2.1.

Pros of rooted 2.1:
    -Root, of course.
    -The availability of future ROMs that will be released.
    -Ability to remove (some) unwanted factory apps.
    -Possible future ability to overclock.

Cons:
    -Full SU access, granting you the ability to brick your phone if you aren't sure of what you're doing.
    -Seems to be a bit more buggy than the leaked version. (I'm sure this will be worked out in the roms that the cooks are working on though)

3. Philosophre

Philosophre Well-Known Member

This is a good thread and I wish more people would post. I have an Eris that has the leaked 2.1, but I have the opportunity to return my phone to Best Buy for another Eris so I can do the rooted 2.1 if I chose. I want to see if the rooted is worth the effort.

4. jaboda79

jaboda79 Well-Known Member

+1
    I am still 1.5 though, and considering either wading into the 2.1 leak, or face first into the deep, deep end of 2.1 root.

5. Philosophre

Philosophre Well-Known Member

I would think going to rooted 2.1 is the first step since you can head to the leaked 2.1 afterwords if you don't like the root. But one still can't go from leaked to rooted.

6. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Was just going to start a thread like this. I am debating on doing root or leak as well but I think once I see a cooked ROM I might jump ship and go root if OTA isnt released before then which I dont think will happen for another month or 2 esp after the DROID mess up on the 2.1 OTA