1. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Firmware Version: 2.2

Baseband version: I897UCJI6

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9, jetaek.lee@sep-11 #1

Build number: FROYO.UCJI6

Some noticeable changes:

• Vibration when the phone is fully powered off
    • Quandrant is only listing 311MB of Total RAM…where the remaining 201MB are is a mystery
    • Color icons in the settings menu
    • Pinch to overview of the homescreens (similar to HTC sense)
    • Adobe Flash 10.1 is preinstalled and works in the stock Android browser (tested using the desktop version of youtube.com)
    • Android App2SD
    • New Welcome to Android/Samsung setup wizard during first boot
    • Recent applications now includes a shortcut to the Task Manager
    • Mobile AP is enabled!
    • You can easily enable/disable data usage by using the menu that pops up when long pressing the power button
    • Quandrant Score: 977
    • 2 new live wallpapers, Spectrum & Beach
    • Quickoffice is preinstalled
    • GPS works “better” (crosses fingers), the signal readings are much more stable and quite a bit higher across the board
    • Stock Android keyboard is gone, Samsung and Swype keyboards remain, the Samsung keyboard has some UI enhancements (such as the number keys being visible when the letters are)

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. tigresuaz

tigresuaz Member

I just tried flashing the phone to new 2.2 with the ODin 3 one click wonder. Pressed the up/down volume rocker when phone is turned off and connected USB cable, getting download screen, press start on odin and nothing..Whats wrong??

3. emuneee

The leaked build has been rooted. This worked for me.

A link to the XDA post: I897UCJI6 - FROYO - for real - Page 42 - xda-developers

4. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

Emuneee, what firmware did you go to Froyo from? I've seen a variety of different suggestions on how to go to Froyo, just trying to get an idea how you successfully did it.

FWIW, I'm still running Cognition 2.1 w/HPUSA and the Voodoo Lagfix.

5. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Yeah that quadrant score is very disappointing. The Nexus One's score more than doubled when it received 2.2. I hope this is an unoptimized build...

6. DynaBlue

DynaBlue Well-Known Member

Agreed. Install went smoothly, phone seems snappier in general although I do see some slight pauses now and again. GPS locked on from fresh reboot in 1m17s and subsequent locks in <15 seconds. Signal strength was several points higher on all sats.

Too late to test more, will play again tomorrow.

7. emuneee

I flashed from stock OTA JH7 (NAND lag fix, rooted, remove AT&T bloat)

8. chicknlil

I've got Froyo on mine now, rooted, sideload enabled...installed TiBu, and restoring my apps now.

When that's all done, will put my SIM and SD Card back in.

I had some minor issues with the rooting process (mostly because I can't spell to save my life it appears), but copy/pasting from the thread on XDA did the trick.

GPS at least found me indoors, which yes, I know, is no great test, but that's better than any other ROM could do, even Cognition. I need to make a test/dry run to the new place of work sometime later this morning, so I'll do a mytracks/nav test at that point to see how that goes.

9. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Quadrant benchmarks were written with Snapdragon in mind, not hummingbird.

10. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

11. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

See new sig.

reinbeau likes this.
  12. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

Linpack favors snapdragon phones heavily. EVERY BIT of that score is the JIT compiler. It is not the speed of the processor. I wouldn't put any stock in linpack and quadrant on snapdragon phones.

Real world performance is what matters :) My Epic destroys my EVO's speed.... and my Epic is still on 2.1.

13. chicknlil

And this phone is snappy now in everything it does. Be it booting up, pulling up apps, or going through the market.

Looking forward to running a GPS test later.

14. socalrailroader

socalrailroader Well-Known Member

How long should it take in ODIN?

15. chicknlil

It took several minutes for mine...somewhere between 5 and 10, I'd wager. I pretty much ignored it until I noticed it was rebooting. It rebooted twice (with the first time going back to a screen that indicated it was updating things), and then played the samsung startup noise (out of sequence that first time), and after another minute or two, went to the 'first boot' setup that appears new with Froyo. The first boot definitely is the slowest - I've rebooted several times since then and it boots very quickly (after it vibrates and the screen dims to signal that it's completely off).

socalrailroader likes this.
  16. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member

You gotta love "leaks". Thousands of willing unpaid beta testers.

17. socalrailroader

socalrailroader Well-Known Member

Thanks, I changed USB Ports on my PC and it installed in a couple of mintues, I appreciate the quick help and info though! I'm luvn' it as Mickey Dees would say :D I'm all set up now, man, this thing flies! I am now getting my apps and stuff back how I had it, here I go..... lol

18. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

I have a few questions for those who updated. I am sure the answer is in the 45+ pages on the other forum.

Is the teathering feature turned on or do you gave to get another app to.make it work?

When you upgrade I'd this a clean upgrade that you loose everything and need to install all the apps again or does it only upgrade the OS?

19. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

This doesn't seem worth it..for slight speed and slightly better GPS...I will wait till the actual Froyo comes out. If it was one click flash, then one click odin again to get 2.2 on I would.

And they took Android Keyboard off?! WhY?!?!

20. picklesNICKLES

picklesNICKLES Well-Known Member

Any chance of there being an update.zip for flashing 2.2? I have a Mac so that means no Odin for me...

21. DynaBlue

DynaBlue Well-Known Member

Odd behavior change from previous build: The phone turns on whenever I plug it into the charger instead of bringing up the battery charging screen. Anyone else have this?

Also, has anyone found the voice dialing via bluetooth headset? That was the biggest thing I was waiting for.

22. chicknlil

Mobile AP is included, from what I understand. I believe that's a wireless tethering option, but I've never tried it.

When you upgrade to this you lose everything - if you haven't backed up via Titanium Backup. Once you root (at the moment, that uses ADB and pushing files over to the phone), you can put Titanium Backup back on and restore your apps that way.

Android Keyboard APK in this thread.

Designgears has indicated he was working on an update.zip ... I know he's also got people (not me) beta testing his Cognition ROM with a Froyo base. Do you have the ability to run Parallels to use Odin?

jflexe99 likes this.
  23. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I agree with that.

I think there's a mix of types of "leaks," some true employee based exploits linked at this or that site, some "leaked" for the purpose of exposing bugs via thousands of, as you say, "beta testers." ;)

24. toawkanavngthded

toawkanavngthded Well-Known Member

I thought u couldn't use a virtual machine to run Odin??!!?! I have parallels but didn't try toto to back to stock cuz Odin was for PC..... Can u verify cuz I'd hate to know that this whole tike I could of used Odin lol

25. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

Oh cool, thank you chicknlil.

Ok, seeing how its one click with odin, I AM going to do this...see how it goes. Hopefully root it asap too.

Odin worked flawlessly again..I am setting up my phone as we speak! Can't wait to see how the leaked Froyo works...

Any easy install roots or lagfixes yet? Ha