• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaked 2.2 Froyo thread

So far I am impressed. Loved the new options. My wifi works at home now...for some reason it wasn't before...

Can rotate videos to portrait and landscape, instead of JUST landscape.

Flash works flawlessly!!! I am in love all over again.

It seems like the auto rotation in apps and all have been improved nicely. Much quicker.

Can't wait to see what else is good. I want to do linpack and quadrant scores.

PS...GET THIS LEAKED FROYO!!!! It has a lot more cool things you can do...like ZOMG! ha

Upvote 0
I didn't master clear...I just flashed, works perfectly!

I love the update. They changed looks a little, which is a nice upgrade. Excellent new options/features.

GPS seems to work, still haven't really tested the in depth yet.

MFlops I got a bit over 13. Was getting about 8ish with 2.1, lagfix and rooted.

Quadrant just scored 910

I am very happy! Can't wait till someone gets an update.zip.

Def a great update!

Upvote 0
Alrighty, had a chance to test the GPS. I probably should have tested it straight stock, but I'm a creature of habit, and I went into LbsTestMode and modified the SUPL/CP Settings to...

Server: supl.google.com
Server Port: 7276
Supl Secure Socket: Off
This remained constant during both tests.

On the way to my destination, I also made an adjustment in LbsTestMode Application Settings of...

Operation Mode: MS Based
Additionally, in Settings -> Location & Security, I checked the box for "Use Sensor Aiding".

The map for this portion of the trip can be found here. Make sure to zoom in so you can see the issues the GPS had with these settings.

For my trip home, I unchecked "Use Sensor Aiding", and in the LbsTestMode Application Settings...

Operation Mode: Standalone
The map for the trip 'home' is here. You'll note that the GPS still has some issues with sharp turns, but it appears to much more accurate throughout the trip.

This is a trip I'll be making again Monday and Tuesday, so I may well end up fiddling with the settings more and seeing if I can get the track more accurate/less prone to having issues with sharp turns. I may well just try the 'default' settings for the GPS and see if that's an improvement. Can't hurt, right?

Upvote 0
I won't be flashing this to my phone as I'd rather just wait for the actual release of Froyo, but this gets me excited as it proves Samsung is working hard and according to everyone's feedback has made a lot of progress on getting Froyo onto the U.S. Galaxy S line.

Can't wait to find out when we'll get it on AT&T.

Reactions: s.m.knipe
Upvote 0
I wish Samsung had been working hard to be certain that the phone had NO problems before it was released.

This is impossible..LOL. I do think the phone was rushed. The leaked Froyo ROM squashes a lot of issues and seems more complete that what came on the device when it was released.

GPS is a lot better, but my no means perfect, I can live with it now.

Upvote 0
Alrighty, had a chance to test the GPS. I probably should have tested it straight stock, but I'm a creature of habit, and I went into LbsTestMode and modified the SUPL/CP Settings to...

This remained constant during both tests.

On the way to my destination, I also made an adjustment in LbsTestMode Application Settings of...

Additionally, in Settings -> Location & Security, I checked the box for "Use Sensor Aiding".

The map for this portion of the trip can be found here. Make sure to zoom in so you can see the issues the GPS had with these settings.

For my trip home, I unchecked "Use Sensor Aiding", and in the LbsTestMode Application Settings...

The map for the trip 'home' is here. You'll note that the GPS still has some issues with sharp turns, but it appears to much more accurate throughout the trip.

This is a trip I'll be making again Monday and Tuesday, so I may well end up fiddling with the settings more and seeing if I can get the track more accurate/less prone to having issues with sharp turns. I may well just try the 'default' settings for the GPS and see if that's an improvement. Can't hurt, right?

So I zoomed in, saw you driving down the median, crossing over to the other side of the road, etc.

You sure, we can't just attribute this all to you being a woman... we all know what horrible drivers you are. ;)

Upvote 0
I won't be flashing this to my phone as I'd rather just wait for the actual release of Froyo, but this gets me excited as it proves Samsung is working hard and according to everyone's feedback has made a lot of progress on getting Froyo onto the U.S. Galaxy S line.

Can't wait to find out when we'll get it on AT&T.

Yeah, same here. This is great to see!

Upvote 0
I ran Odin One Click to revert back to Stock 2.1 and now I absolutely can't get my phone to boot into download mode.

I've tried holding down both volume keys while holding power and just the volume down key while holding power. Neither is doing the trick.

I've read that you can use the android SDK to boot into download mode, but I can't seem to find anything that details how to do so. Anyone willing to share that info?

Upvote 0
I ran Odin One Click to revert back to Stock 2.1 and now I absolutely can't get my phone to boot into download mode.

I've tried holding down both volume keys while holding power and just the volume down key while holding power. Neither is doing the trick.

I've read that you can use the android SDK to boot into download mode, but I can't seem to find anything that details how to do so. Anyone willing to share that info?

Why? don't you like it? Download SDK and unzip to C:\sdk folder (make one) then cd\sdk\tools
adb reboot download

Hold both volume U&D plug USB into PC while Odin was open

Reactions: xxbrysonxx
Upvote 0
Why? don't you like it? Download SDK and unzip to C:\sdk folder (make one) then cd\sdk\tools
adb reboot download

Hold both volume U&D plug USB into PC while Odin was open

Guess I didn't word it very clear. I used Odin to get back to stock 2.1 so that I could then flash 2.2 onto my phone.

For some reason after I reverted back to stock 2.1 I could no longer boot into recovery mode or download mode.

I'm going to attempt to use the adb now and see how that works.

Upvote 0
So I zoomed in, saw you driving down the median, crossing over to the other side of the road, etc.

You sure, we can't just attribute this all to you being a woman... we all know what horrible drivers you are. ;)

LOL. Actually, most of the roads I were on had a travel lane and a passing lane, and I went back and forth between the two. So a lot of the time that you see me moving over a lane, that's accurate. Now, if it shows me driving through a ramp, or straight through Lowe's parking lot? Not so much. :D

Upvote 0
Working great on my Captivate. (ba dom dom)
The posted root method works as well. The method to enable sideloading is the same, except the line that needs to be changed in the settings.db file is #3 now, not #6.

UPDATE
Well, nothing's perfect. I can't pair my A2DP headphones, and phone calls aren't being routed though my headphone jack anymore. Unfortunately this is a deal-breaker & I'll probably flash the Cognition ROM and see how that works.

Upvote 0
You mean a slow lane and a fast lane? I've never heard it called a travel lane before, an Eastern thing maybe? :D

LOL, probably is. I won't derail this thread with that kinda thing, but we'll suffice it to say New England is a pretty unique place. ;)

Hopefully some more folks will take drives and use MyTracks so we can see what GPS looks like where they are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones