Leaked 2.2 has 3G lit up all the time now?

Last Updated:

1. GTPprix

GTPprix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else? I'm assuming this was done for the masses that thought they were losing 3G when the indicator was grey?

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Not for me.

3. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

not for me o_O

4. GTPprix

Looovely, this thing is getting weirder by the day... I think I'm going back to the OTA LOL

5. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

My "3G" does stay lit up (just the lable "3G" itself). The up/down traffic indicators only light when 3G is transferring data.

I assumed it was intentional, but even if not I think it should be...

6. GTPprix

Yup thats exactly what mine is doing, I'm in agreement thinking its intentional buuuuut I'm not sure.

7. nceagles

nceagles Member

My 3G label has always been fully lit since I bought my phone. The up down arrows go with data being transferred. Just updated to 2.2 and its the same way it used to be for me.

8. GTPprix

Ok that makes me feel better then ;)

9. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

Not for me.

And actually, my signal level has gotten worse since installing the leaked 2.2 Here in my office, I use to get atleast 1 bar consistently. Now its consistently no signal. :(

10. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

My 3G used to be grayed out unless active, then the "3G" would lite up and the up/down arrows would alternate with activity. After a period of time with no activity, my "3G" would dim/gray until there was activity again.

11. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

I haven't noticed what the indicator is doing since I flashed the rom. I have the screen set to time out fairly quickly and have been too busy with other things to notice. When I unlock the screen, there is now a brief indication of activity, can't recall if that happened with 2.1. I can say with certainty that it did grey out with 2.1 (when 3g was available but the phone wasn't actively using it).

12. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

My 3g kept losing connection on leaked froyo. Went back to stock. Now my 3g is grey unless active, the way I like it...

13. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I was having the opposite problem when I first installed(could not establish a data connection). Now that you mention it the 3g is always lit, but I also seem to be getting and holing a better signal. I will not know for site until I get back to the office on monday.

14. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

I still have an occasional issue where the phone will not connect to the data network and have to toggle airplane mode on and off to get it connected. I would say that the phone also appears to have a better signal, due to a better correlation of bars to actual dB level of the signal, though in actuality, the actual dB level of the signal didn't change.