Leaked Galaxy S Froyo vs Official Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. redsox21

redsox21 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any difference because i noticed that there are a couple bugs(swype is a little erradic, missing apps). So is there a difference and also will i be able to update to the official froyo if already on the leaked version?

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Your questions can't be answered as there is no official Froyo yet. We can't tell you the differences between the leaked development build, and a build that doesn't even exist yet.

Presumably the final release, not being a leaked internal development build meant for testing, will have fewer bugs. But it may introduce new ones too.

3. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

i guess the official release, whenever it will come out, will have less bugs for sure. Recently i read somewhere Samsung has delayed the froyo update because it was buggy. I dont know how true it was, but whenever it will come out, it will be better than the leaked one.

4. sremick

And this is how rumors start and spread. Like all the people convinced that Samsung said we were going to get Froyo for the Captivate in September.

I know the exact blog you read that from (I won't give it vindication by providing a link). I traced it to the source although unfortunately plenty of more-reputable news sites started parroting it as "news". If you actually read the source site though, he admits that he has no idea why Samsung removed the source code. Only that they did. His guess that it might be because of bugs was only that.... a guess. Yet several "via.... via... via..." news-scoops later, people are distorting what was said, calling it fact.

Now, he could quite possibly be correct... but there has been nothing more definitive than educated guesses so it'd be incorrect to say that was indeed the reason. My hunch is they probably discovered it needed more work... but I wouldn't try to pass that off as news/fact.

5. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

^^ as I said, i dont know how true that was. But I will wait for official release. Or may do root and leak thing.

Off the topic. You introduced me to CapFaq. and I thank you again for it. I have a doubt now, in Capfaq...for removing bloatware (ATT apps) they say you can use Titanium Backup. But isnt Titanium Backup only for rooted phones?

6. sremick

Yep, and this is mentioned on the page on the topic. You can't expect to be able to mess around with system files like that without having full (root) access.