Leaked: [ROM]RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_1.17.605.1General

Last Updated:

1. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was following another site to see if the Eris was going to get rooted and I saw that a leaked update was discovered for the Eris. IT is suppose to be the one for January 22nd. It is not an Android update, just another update to fix any known bugs on the device. Has anyone on this forum tried it yet and if so what fixes did you notice.

I am including a few links to download it in case someone feels adventurous.

http://rapidshare.com/files/32913452...ith_driver.exe
    http://www.gazup.com/NHwVU-ruu_desir...wnload-mirrors
    http://www.mediafire.com/?q4tm2mnnatj

Advertisement
  2. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

been trying to load it on my win7 64bit box for the last few hours with no success!!
    have to wait to i get on my xp machine at work on monday :(

4. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

I think I am going to wait. Is it final? Will they fix the errors in the update? Ironic, I know.

5. Bxrider11

Sorry for that. I hate to be the culprit of a duplicated thread.

6. Bxrider11

I am going to wait as well. I realize that these phones are not like BB. If you download a leak and do not like it, there is not going back. If this is what we are going to have to look forward to as an update for 1/22, I think I am going to get the other VZW Android phone.

7. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I updated it earlier. I noticed my WiFi doesn't cut off while in a call anymore, and my YouTube app magically works again. And have had no lockups since, and also my phone's been blazing through menus.

8. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

That update not involving Android 2.1 makes me nervous.

Unless it will be released simultaneously, but in a separate package.

9. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i hope this isnt the january updae everybody has been waiting for since the release of the phone! that would be terrible. i dont see why they would push two simultaneous updates unless it is impossible to update the os and ui fixes in one, which i guess is possible. i just hope they're Q1 date for the 2.0/2.1 update isnt at the very end of Q1 which for Verizon would not surprise me. :rolleyes:

10. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I don't have any proof to back this up but I am pretty sure that a firmware and software update will be two different things. In fact, HTC may be the one to issue the firmware upgrade from their site. Samsung did it with their Omnia. I also don't believe that a firmware update is going to be released OTA because, unless Android does something much different from others, a firmware upgrade will wipe out your entire phone and put 2.0/2.1 in 1.5's place. In cases of most other firmware upgrades on phones and other devices, this means that if your phone happens to turn off during the upgrade, you will have a paperweight in your hand. That is why Verizon has required that you bring in your phone to have most firmware updates done in the past. I was very surprised that Verizon allowed Samsung to release their update over the net and they paid for it because a lot of people who didn't know what they were doing bricked their Omnias.

SO....unless Android has significantly changed the game, I would expect there to be a download from the net with OS 2.0/2.1 along with a program that automatically does the upgrade for you. The upgrade over internet ensures that your phone is plugged in for power and warns you 50 times that if you turn it off, unplug it, or have your battery go dead, you have a paperweight. OR, Verizon will simply require you to bring the phone in.

Edit: Just thought of something. IF this update is about to be released, it must be a tide-over for a date that's further down the road for 2.0/2.1. This update would be useless for 2.0/2.1 so why go through the trouble to make it if you know a major firmware upgrade is being dropped at the same time or even within days?

11. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

I took the plunge! :)
    i suffer from cutting edge (bleeding) syndrome...
    HERE I GO!

12. CJBullitt

CJBullitt Well-Known Member

let us know how it goes please

13. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

xD My phone's acting a lot better after updating it.
    They still have not fixed the problem with the screen being dimly lit sometimes when you bring it out of sleep, though.

14. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

one thing i noticed so far...very MINIMAL lag.
    this thing is FAST!!
    the lock screen is even faster.
    so, i`ve had it on for about an hour but i`ll say let the clock start NOW!
    (battery)

15. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

This update has been scheduled to go OTA on 1/22 since early November. There was an internal Verizon customer service memo that was leaked (and is available on here) that detailed the issues with the phone, and what was being done to address them. Some fixes were on 12/11 , the others on 1/22.

The original OTA update tracked pretty well with the memo, I would expect that the second would as well.

Nothing was stated in that memo, or anywhere else, about 2.x coming out on 1/22. Only that it was coming "first quarter 2010". The rest is all rumors.

16. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Why would it be "terrible"? I don't understand?

Phone was released with bugs. HTC was working on fixing bugs since phone came out, planned in two releases.

For one, I feel that two software updates in the first three months of the phones existence is good customer services (even if it sucks that they are needed in the first place).

The update to Android 2.x is completely separate.

17. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

+1

18. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

I think the OP meant it wouldn't bode well for the 2.x update... If this IS the January update then 2.x is probably not coming out until 23:59:59 on the last day of Q1...

Doc

19. CJBullitt

question, it says it will delete all data does this mean my phone is going to be like it was when i got it and that all my contacts and apps are going to be deleted? Sorry my first non OTA update.

20. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

^Yes. Sync your contacts with HTC Sync first. Your apps should still be in your downloads in the Market but you'll have to just install each one again.

21. CJBullitt

thank you. one more question for now, would this happen with the OTA too?

22. adrenalinerush12

No, OTA updates do not delete anything from your phone.

23. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

are you using some other contacts? wouldnt the contacts just sync back to the phone from the computer?

24. Bxrider11

The last update, I did the same way. I do not think you would have to go through re-syncing your contacts with an OTA update.

25. adrenalinerush12

That's what HTC Sync is.