• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaked: [ROM]RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_1.17.605.1

Upvote 0
I did the work around and it still doesn't work...HTC sync wont work on for my phone either, is something just wrong wit my phone? (which is brand new, just got it replaced)

Mine would not work on my computer no matter how many things I tried so I installed Hot Sync onto my sister's WinXP netbook and everything went through smoothly. I'm not sure why Win 7 and Vista work for some and fail for others. Ataranine is right...I'm wondering if this is even the release that will be sent out OTA.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys -

I updated last night using windows 7 x64 with no problems. Eris seems a little snappier. I worked it pretty hard today and it performed great. Youtube which didn't work before and GPS are both working flawlessly. I will update my wife's Eris this weekend as well because it still freezes up sometimes. Just my 2cent worth.

Upvote 0
I did the update this morning on Windows 7 64 and it worked flawlessly. I was kind of shocked at how easy it was after having a lot of trouble helping a friend update their Samsung Omnia a while ago.

The phone does seem a bit snappier but this could be due to the fact that this is a clean install, yes I have put most of my apps back on but this time around I didn't install and uninstall tons of apps that I was trying out when I first got the phone.

I haven't noticed any problems with the updated phone yet, my signal might be a bit stronger in some locations but that is a hard thing to judge.

Only thing I have to wait for is the paid version of weatherbug to support it, the free one does but for some reason the elite one won't show up in the market.

Upvote 0
One major change that I noticed is that my current location is correct. Before it had me as Glendale, California and not Arizona, so my weather was wrong and the time was an hour behind. That is fixed with this update.

A bug that I noticed is that the predictive text fades our at some parts while texting. I'm going to check my settings. Overall it seems a little better. Let's see If at some point it locks up on me.

Dude mine does that to me all the time too! I stopped using current location, and just put in phx time. Nice to know the update fixes that

Upvote 0
I had the Eris and ended up returning due to the YouTube app not working any more...and the random lockups.

When I read about the leaked update fixing the bugs I thought "hey, maybe I'll get the Eris again!"....But... now I'm reading that for some it fixed some issues and for others it fixed nothing...and most importantly, youtube STILL doesn't work.

Is it just me, or is it not strange that the Youtube app doesn't work (90% of time) but it's not being acknowledged by HTC/Verizon at all yet?!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones