55 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Doesn't matter

14 vote(s)
    13.3%

Last Updated:

1. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Who here regrets installing the leak? We are missing out on root and most of us still haven't received the OTA and we cannot flash it to our phones. Anyone else upset they jumped the gun?

Advertisement
    davros and Tooleman694 like this.
  2. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh yes. Every day I look in these forums praying I'll see "2.1 Leakers Root!" Still have hope, though. I'll continue to look. I just hate myself for being so impatient.

davros likes this.
  3. mostlygizzards

mostlygizzards Member

It's still too early after the OTA for me to get upset. I'll wait a few weeks and see what comes of the efforts of those trying to root the leaked HBOOT.

4. synthkatze

synthkatze Member

I definitely regret it. I should've done root when I had 1.5 still.

5. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Well-Known Member

I voted yes, but only because I doubt the devs will want to work that hard on getting root access on the 1.49 HBOOT. If the OTA uses the same HBOOT as 1.5, then they can move forward from there. Oh well, just as long as future updates work...

6. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

You should change your "doesn't matter" option to "Proud holdout". :D But I guess I don't belong in this thread... carry on.

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Nope. I've been able to enjoy 2.1 and everything that comes with it for quite some time now. Root would be nice for putting apps on the SD card, but I'm not all that interested in doing anything else. I can understand people regretting when they have some of the more serious problems.

Also, keep in mind that a regular download of the OTA isn't on any sites yet. People using the leak may still be able to flash that. Hope is only lost if you have lost all hope.

Asmith1106 likes this.
  8. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

No regrets. I've had 2.1 for months already. I have no interest in root. If I don't get the OTA, I don't care because version 3 is the same anyway.

9. TJTHEBEST

TJTHEBEST Well-Known Member

Yup it sucks. I wanT root.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

10. dclay89

dclay89 Well-Known Member

Definitely regret...

11. D_Sweet

D_Sweet Member

I voted no cause my speaker blew this morning on the way to work while using speaker phone and since 2.1.3 has the same build numbers etc.as the OTA I have no fear hitting up Big Red for a waranty replacement with 1.5 on it. Then I'll just root!!!

12. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

No regrets, if I wanted it that bad I would get a new eris and root it

13. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I'm not positive about this, but I was reading on Buzzbox (android and me section i believe), and it have step by step instructions for manually installing the OTA update for those that haven't received it. Sorry I don't have the exact link, but I'm on my eris now. But it's worth checking out I think.

And sorry if I'm way off on this information.

14. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

Thats most likely just for 1.5 users and not us leakers

15. oldngrumpy

oldngrumpy Member

I am not sorry at all. I really wasn't interested in root.

I have enjoyed installing and playing with the 3 leaked versions and have found them all an improvement over 1.5. Version 3 of 2.1 has been very stable for me. I have never had problems making calls. I have only suffered through the somewhat minor bugs I found in 2.1v1 and 2.1v2.

I had speech to text in text messages using handcent and now that I have Vlingo, I can use speech to text in email, texting, internet searchs and finding map locations.

Still loving my Eris.

16. dcfan99

dcfan99 Well-Known Member

No. I'm perfectly happy with the way my phone is working on v3 leak and I've had the features of 2.1 for some time now.

17. homerpez

homerpez Well-Known Member

I don't regret it... but I might if my v3 leak won't OTA update if Verizon happens to release a patch for 2.1 in the coming weeks.

...or if they go to OTA update me anyway, and it messes up my phone.

18. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

Do I regret it? A little...an official release always "seems" more stable just because its "official." But, it really seems as though v3 is the OTA minus the whole HBOOT thing. There is more than enough evidence to support this in several posts in this forum. I am glad I did it because I really got tired of waiting for the OTA. Would I have done it differently knowing what I know now? Probably, I just would have rooted. Root to me was scary at the time because I thought I would just brick my phone...now that I know I could unroot back to 1.5 if I had wanted to...that changes things.

19. coolerinthecorner

coolerinthecorner Well-Known Member

None what so ever. I've been enjoying a quicker, more feature rich phone for months now. I've had mine since November and it has worked with narry a bug that wasn't due to something I myself had downloaded or changed on the phone. Best thing I ever did. Well,... to my phone anyway.

To those who just got the OTA?... Now you know what leakers have been boasting about. I just don't have to backup all of my apps and reset everything on my phone. Did that a while ago. Enjoy ver. 3 everyone. Pretty sweet for a cheap phone. If you need or want better, buy a higher priced phone with all the bells and whistles.

You get what you pay for folks.

20. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Regret it? Heck no. I got to enjoy the added features of 2.1 months before other folks. It would have been nice to have root, but I honestly don't think I would have used it (except possibly to flash back to 1.5).

21. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

I definitely regret it because I was following a how to guide on getting root, but the pb00img I got was a leak version 1 instead of the one to get root and there was no way for me to know since all of the files have the same name. Spent many many hours trying to figure out why I couldn't go any further, just to find out I was stuck because of the very first step of the guideline. There are so many cool things you can do with root that I would love to do. I stay on the forums hoping someone figures how to get around this problem...

22. cdkee

cdkee Active Member

According to XDA V3 is the OTA

23. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

you should add a "yes and no" option!

I do regret it because I can't get root... :(

BUT... no I don't because I had OTA before many other people! :)

24. hlaalu

hlaalu Well-Known Member

I don't regret it. But my browser keeps closing out randomly, that's the only thing that is irritating me

25. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

don't regret it at all and will never root it anyways. i've used the turn the by nav a few times in the past few months and it really help out having it when i needed it. also got to play with a neat beta ap, backcountry navigator, that only had 2.1 support (this weeks build finally added 1.5 support).