Leakers looking for Root - have you checked your sources

Last Updated:

1. orchard_112

orchard_112 Member This Topic's Starter

Clearly there are people on these forums closely connected to HTC; otherwise the leak never would have made it to us. I am wondering why a way to root the leaks hasn't been leaked as readily as the original leaks were "leaked"?

Disclosure - I am not on a leak, I do love my Eris though.

Advertisement
  2. PimpShit420

PimpShit420 Active Member

there is root for leak, I did it, check xda p.s. the SD Card makes a huge difference

3. orchard_112

orchard_112 Member This Topic's Starter

I've read about the attempts to root via the SD card - it seems as though it is inconsistent at best. I guess to rephrase the question. Is it possible for HTC to obtain root on their own phones, in-house? This is their own hardware and software, right? And if so, why hasn't this been leaked out like the original leaks were?

4. PimpShit420

That is possible for them to leak an unsigned copy of the rom which is how they originally obtained root, but the SD card methid works really well, I have done it at least five times already, 5 different phones. I dont think the original root rom was leaked to this site either but Im not sure.

orchard_112 likes this.
  5. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Going along with this topic kinda... whenever you have to pull the card, insert card, timing, yeah yeah... Ok here is my question: While running the cmd and looping, at some point I got the device number to read but did not realize it. Can I go back in and start again from that point? I did however keep pulling my card and inserting it afterwards unknowingly. Will the rooting process still work or do I have to start over again at that step, pulling card, cmd, looping?

6. PimpShit420

You have to have it recognize the phone wile in recovery, If yoyu did it once you can do it again. It takes a few seconds for it to recongize it after you insert the card so be patient, but over at xda forums there are several really good write ups in eris devolpment