1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Learning a language on my Incredible?

Last Updated:

1. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone use their Incredible to learn a language? Do you know of any good apps for learning Korean or Spanish? I commute by train to work every day and thought it would be a good time to learn some of the basics of a new language during my commute but I can

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Although I don't know of any, there are a lot of youtube videos for speaking and .pdfs for reading. Combined they might be a good starting point..

And it would be hilarious watching someone on a bus/train with headphones on desperately trying to speak a different language, lol... I always learned in private first, then once I got comfortable enough I try to find bilingual people and have them help me refine the language.

3. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife is fluent in Korean, Spanish and English, but she doesn't have the patience to teach me; I guess I'm just not a very good student either so I need to find a way to do most of the work on my own time while using her as a backup. Plus I want to impress her by making strides on my own.

I tried the YouTube thing but the video get's choppy.

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I'd start with PDFs then. Maybe if you can show her that you are really trying, and making progress with the written language, she'll start helping you speak it :)

5. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

download 'talk to me' :)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. nelsonnebraska

nelsonnebraska New Member

Free Spanish tutor app is a good way to learn Spanish. If you are a beginner and need some good travel phrases and vocab, this is a good way to learn, or be reminded of some basic Spanish.

7. kikoso

kikoso New Member

8. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

You could try downloading your videos in advance using something like YouTube downloader.