Leather Holster for Captivate with Gel Case

Last Updated:

1. RingMe

RingMe Active Member This Topic's Starter

Doing a little measuring, I see that the Captivate with a gel case (Body Glove) measures about the same as a HTC Evo. I have not gone to a Sprint store to check it out yet, but maybe a Captivate with a gel case will fit into a leather holster for an Evo.

Advertisement
  2. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae Well-Known Member

It was also mentioned in another thread that Samsung has some
    cases for sale for this phone.

Since the BodyGlove Gel case only adds 1/4 inch extra in dimensions,
    I was considering one of these as well.

Thanks for taking the time to figure out we could likely use Evo cases.
    Now if only there was a Sprint store within 50 miles of me...lol

Amazon.. here I come..

3. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

4. Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels Well-Known Member

5. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

I have the body glove case on my Captivate. I found a universal horizontal leather belt case with magnetic latch that also has a rotating snap belt clip at Best Buy that fits the Captivate with the body glove skin. It was $19.99 ...

I found that I did not care for the horizontal belt case because it's cumbersome for me to get the phone in and out of. (I have years of experience with Blackberrys and vertical belt cases drilled into my brain) So, I checked at the Sprint store tonight and they have a universal vertical leather belt case with magnetic latch. It is stocked by Sprint to fit the EVO ... The Captivate with the body glove skin works great in it. I greatly prefer the vertical design because it is so easy to grab the phone at the top on both sides and pull it out. It has an additional benefit that the micro USB port can be accessed for charging without removing the phone from the case. The only down side is it is way too expensive ... ($39.99) ... but after 4 days of searching for it, I picked it up.

I don't need the horizontal belt case anymore ...

Dennis