Leather pouch that fits phone+Body Glove?

Last Updated:

1. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone found a real leather pouch (with flap, snap or magnetic) that will fit a Captivate with the Body Glove case on? Ideally a horizontal one. The ones I've tried so far are too tight.

Advertisement
  2. peterpp

peterpp Well-Known Member

I got one from BB and it is big enough to fit my Capt with the Body glove on. I searched and searched and this is the only one that fits.

3. dontshakepandas

dontshakepandas Well-Known Member

I got the same one. It fits perfectly.

4. jhnstn00

jhnstn00 Well-Known Member

Ditto, 20 $ plus tax. Best Buy.

Attached Files:

5. sremick

Sounds awesome, thanks. I'll go check it out (BB is 1hr away though).

6. Mathieas

Mathieas Active Member

I got a bunch of these Tmobil ones that are on sale for 3$. They work almost perfect. They are not made of real lether but are close enough for 3$ and they do protect the phone ok. I will say this it is a snug fit but once you strech the elastic a bit its no issue at all.

PS this is a horizontal clip pouch.

Mathieas

7. RingMe

RingMe Active Member

I bought a case (vertical) that fits an Evo at a Sprint store. It's perfect for a Captivate with a Body Glove. In addition, the salesperson told me that they will replace the case for free if it ever breaks.

8. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

yea, basically any pouch that fits the Evo will fit the captivate with the body glove. They are similar in size with the glove on.

9. Pema108

Pema108 Member

I concur about the EVO leather case (bought it at a Sprint store) plus the body glove work great together. The fit is rather tight at first but will loosen up. I stretched it a bit by putting pressure on the sides.

10. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

bought one from ebay, got car and home charger and a good case that does fit with my body glove very well for $10. right after i got it he put one up with a data cable for i think $12

eBay My World - bestcellbuy

so far (2 weeks) it has held up well and both chargers appear to work well.

11. sremick

That guy has almost 10,000 cases listed, and the "leather" ones I see are actually fake leather. Can you link to the actual one you got?

12. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

here is the link

[​IMG]Car+Home Charger+Case for ATT Samsung Captivate i897 - eBay (item 390222290965 end time Aug-01-10 19:46:54 PDT)

and for $10 for a case and 2 chargers, i did not expect real cow hide, and most of the cases i buy are like this.

i figure i go through a case every year just from wear and tear, had one that didn't last a week on my old phone, snagged it on a rack and ripped the clip off(plastic) but this one looks like a good metal on so should last a little longer.

tip, if you want a real leather case, go talk to a gun holster maker, almost every town has one. it might be pricey but it would probably out last the phone.

13. sremick

Well, I can accept you don't care about real vs. fake leather, but like I said in the first post, this thread is asking about real leather cases. There is no shortage of finding any of the thousands of crappy, cheap leather cases that might only last a few months before they start cracking. However I've always invested in quality leather cases which tend to last the full life of my phone. Yes they cost more than fake leather, but when you don't have to buy one every year, it easily makes up for it. Plus the overall quality is nicer over its life. So I figured a thread dedicated to real leather cases, apart from the countless fake ones, would be of value

My Motorola V635 case was a Krusell and my Palm T3 case was a Sena if I remember correctly. Both lasted the full life of the device (5 years or so). The Krusell even had a lifetime warranty.

14. ace35

ace35 Well-Known Member

then you would be better off going to a local leather company and having one made, if you have any cop friends they should know of a good leather craftsman that could whip it out for you in a day or so. looper leather is the local favorite around here for things like this.

15. sremick

Only local leather shop only does custom shoes. He refuses to take on other projects.

I'm going to check out the one at Best Buy, it's an hour away.