Leaving Eris for AllyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dbriani

dbriani Member This Topic's Starter

I am a little nervous, after having replaced my Eris 3 times now, Assurion is going to send me an LG Ally. Has anyone used this phone, and how did you like it? They ensured me that if I do not like the Ally my warranty still covers my Eris, and they will allow me to get a new Eris rather than keep the Ally. This is a little scary for me because I am not a huge fan of LG phones, and I have read poor reviews of the Ally. I insisted Verizon send me a phone that is more similar to the Eris, as the LG does not have the Sense UI, and I do like the look of the Eris. Any advice as to what I should do, and how does everyone feel about the Ally? Thank for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. bowerman

bowerman Guest

No way. get another eris. Or ask for something better!

dbriani likes this.
  3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Ally sucks. Do what the guy said above. Lg failed at smartphones. You don't hear anything about that phone anymore nor did the excitment last long when it came out. It was a fail and lg knows!

dbriani likes this.
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There have been posted reports in here of acquiring an Incredible after many Eris refurb failures.

That seems much more preferable than an LG Ally.

dbriani likes this.
  5. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

yea i would definitely take an incredible over and ally.

6. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

My wife has an Ally and really liked it, until it started acting up here recently. I personally do not like it. Seems like a cheap copy of a smart phone to me.

dbriani likes this.
  7. dbriani

dbriani Member This Topic's Starter

I have complained to Verizon and Assurion, but neither would send me anything but this Ally. I was very upset at first, but it isn't the worst phone I've ever had. I have to admit I've never been a fan of LG phones, and I wouldn't have purchased this phone. I do however like the keyboard, and I am thinking when I upgrade of getting a Droid 2.

8. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

did you file a claim online or did you call asurion??

9. Kutanks

Kutanks Well-Known Member

That sucks, I would at least demand another Eris

10. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

My daughter and son recently got the Ally. It was a bogo free offer that was too cheap to pass up. And I think it is a good first smart phone for a 20 and a 18 year old. My daughter loves it so far and had been reading up on the forums weeks before getting it so she rooted it right away, actually she even helped me root my Eris which I have had since last Nov. It is pretty heavy and clunky and nowhere as sleek as the Eris or the Incredible but that is probably a good thing for my destructo son. To be sure the Incredible is a better phone if you can get it but so far the Ally okay especially if you are due for an upgrade in a matter of months in which case you will probably want to trade up to something even better than the Incredible.

11. H2342

H2342 Well-Known Member

My cousin has the ally and my Eris is far superior I think to the ally. The ally just seems really cheap compared to the Eris. I was messing around with it and I hated not seeing the beautiful sense UI. He had the choice of either the Droid or ally and he made the dummy decision on the ally. Oh well.

12. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

silly mwm... i didn't know he got the ally... that was a dumb decision by far