Leaving Home++

Last Updated:

1. MonroeDroid

MonroeDroid Member This Topic's Starter

After my Droid having such a slow response to the car dock mount, and being completely unresponsive when trying to make a call, I am giving up on Home++ for now.
    Specific issues I have seen from Home++ recently:

• Having to Force close TOO often.
    • Super slow or no response to being placed in car dock.
    • Unresponsive, and then freezing when trying to make a call (this has happened twice in the last two days, and it really peeves me)
    • The general lagging of the phone not experienced when using the standard home. (I knew I would experience this, and I had almost grown accustom to it.)
    I will greatly miss my extra screens, and rotary clock, but I gotta try something else for now.

Advertisement
  2. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

The best thing you can do if you really like Home ++ is to bring these issues too the attention of the developers. Others are having these issues, also.

3. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

try out launcher+ its by the same people, i havent had one FC or anything...it just adds screens if thats all you really wanted

4. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues with Home++ with car dock. Maybe it's another app?

5. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

I experience just about everything you are... i notice a lot of my f/c's are cause by locale and other apps.... If you report your problems they usually get right on them. I know this from personal experience... 2 days from emailed bug report to updated fixed.... now they have an easier way to log bugs or request features:

Home++ Issues | Google Groups

overall i'm happy with Home++. I'll stick with it as it gets better and better, or till something I like even more comes my way :D

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I'm having very similar issues. I haven't had any problems for the first couple weeks using Home++, but now more lagging, and FC's. Perhaps issues with other apps, but not sure. I also had the clock/date not functioning correctly for a couple days. But after a reboot and deleting/reinstalling them, seems to be working well. I'm holding out for Sweeter Home as it's been so highly anticipated for the new release.

7. greg72

greg72 Well-Known Member

Since the last update I'm getting a lot of Fc's. Have noticed some lag in the car dock but never connected it to Home++.

8. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I posted this in another thread but I am waiting for the 2.1 OS update with 5 home screens and will uninstall HOME++.

Like most people, the lag and FC's are killing me. It also seems to affect other apps/widgets.

I wish I wouldve know about Launcher+ because all I really wanted were more screens.

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I'm still using it, but I have noticed a bit of lag when clicking the call button before a call starts lately. Think it's related to a Home++ update? I never had that problem before. It's nothing gamebreaking, but it can be a nuisance.

Why don't you leave it installed for the clock widget? You may still be able to put that on your normal home screen, and you can always use Launcher+ if you want extra screens.

10. square

square Well-Known Member

i tried launcher+ for a weekend. i experienced slow down and force closes with it. i'm back to stock and will wait for 2.1 for 5 screens.

11. DigitalRapture

DigitalRapture Active Member

The thing is with 2.1 and Home++, the menu at the bottom disappears because of the newly added menu button. The only reason I like Home++ is for that menu with the smaller icons, and so it's current not really compatible with 2.1. Besides, live wallpapers don't work with it yet either, unfortunately. Currently uninstalled.

12. Siz3.thr33

Siz3.thr33 Member

I felt the same way about home++, and i have also tried open home, dxtop and aHome. After all of these, i was about ready to give up on home alternatives altogether, but i happened to run into Extended Home, which is by far the easiest and fastest one i've found yet. Its not the prettiest of the alternatives, but its free and does its job like a charm

13. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVE Home++ . . . BUT . . .

There is soon to be a new (& improved) kid in town, and I'm counting the seconds. SWEETER HOME is my next home replacement app. Below is just one of several videos on YouTube. Check them all out.

(Click on the title to be sent to YouTube.)
    Sweeter Home

14. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

15. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Love home++ too but I went back to stock for the same reasons as th OP.

16. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Gotta say, for lack of a better word, it looks sweet.

17. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

Me too. Love Home++ and or Launcher but I am back to stock and the droid is faster :)

But I will be waiting to DL Home again one day.

18. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Waiting for Preview 2 is driving me nuts. I played with Preview 1 for a long, long time when I first got the phone and it was sweet, but needed some features added.

19. umfan6

umfan6 Member

hey how do u make the theme stay permanently? Like when i reset the phone or lock it it goes back to the theme that came with the phone. I want the theme that i have made from home+++ to stay on the phone permanently?????

20. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

that would be great. is it possible?

21. pilotcharles747

pilotcharles747 Well-Known Member

i removed home ++ because of lag and It was killing my battery; have any of you ran across a better home that burn less battery power. Because with the 2.0.1 update with home ++ I wont make it through the day. After I unistalled my battery life improved dramatically.

22. pilotcharles747

pilotcharles747 Well-Known Member