• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaving my iPhone for a Samsung Moment, hello!

Hey,

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Samsung Moment when it is released. I have an iPhone and am tired of the lack of things it can do, and while there's always jailbreaking that scene is pretty much a mess, it should just work...and Android does that.

So hello. I tried the Hero and didn't love it, but I'm excited for the Moment and to get back on Sprint.

Hey,

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Samsung Moment when it is released. I have an iPhone and am tired of the lack of things it can do, and while there's always jailbreaking that scene is pretty much a mess, it should just work...and Android does that.

So hello. I tried the Hero and didn't love it, but I'm excited for the Moment and to get back on Sprint.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
johnathan, the if your belief is that the Android phones "just work". You have another thing comming. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my G1. But I guess you'll see if you root things can get a little crazy at times. Other than Cyn getting called out by Google everything has been pretty painless. If your like me and want your phone to do everything that is possible then you're in for a ride. I've stopped tweaking mine as the only thing left that i want is a great browser that lets me organize my bookmarks and of course fast. Let us know how that "Moment" works for you. The other Sprint android has a awesome theme.

Upvote 0
I am euphoric in reading these replies in support of the Moment. It took a painstakking 3 months to finally make the move to going Android. However, it was tough turning my back on the IPhone and yet it was also clear that purchasing The Moment was the right move for three principle reasons; SprintPCS, access to thousands of free apps, and the slide-out keyboard. Plus I have the luxury of a 800mhz processor that makes playing movies a seemless experience, and can upgrade to a 32gb sd card for storing all those movies times as many cards I wish to buy which is a serious option the IPhone lacks.

Cheers AK

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones