Leaving my Motorola Droid for a Samsung Fascinate

Last Updated:

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mom is selling her Motorola Droid for $175 she doesn't like it. We have a buyer waiting to snag it up (All she has to do is get home so I can restore it to factory settings).

I am throwing in the extra cash and we'll be getting a Samsung Fascinate for $199.99 buy one get one free.

If anything I will still have my own Motorola Droid as I'm not selling mines *yet* though if I like the Fascinate enough I probably will.

Advertisement
  2. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

Good luck. Sell it quick, these things depreciate faster than cars off a new car lot.

3. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

there are better phones than the fascinate...doent it come with bing??? thats enough to keep me away

4. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

You can also use google if i'm not mistaken with tweaks?

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

The Fascinate can be seen in two ways: a glorified feature-phone, or an Epic without all the good stuff (4G and a physical keyboard) and with super-extra-Verizon meddling. Honestly, it pains me to say that Verizon's best phone right now is the Droid X. Still, if I had ANY choice, I'd go with the Epic hands-down right now. The Fascinate is just the worst Galaxy S phone out there. No keyboard, no 4G, and the most crap out of all 4.

6. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

Is it true that if you get a bogo offer it will add another line to the contract? I did not like the fascinate, so I ordered my X on thursday to replace my D1 an its already shipped.

7. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you loose functionality. Just say no to bing....unless you really like is over google...which is hard to believe.

8. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well it turns out, I won't be switching to the Fascinate after all. My mother wanted the phone not me I decided to jump along simply cause of the free phone she would have gotten. However it turns out she is dumb and assumed we had upgrades and we didnt, so we cannot upgrade.

We just now got home because the guy had bought the phone from me could not activate it for whatever reason until we deactivated our line of service (Which we did not do). So I told him to hang on while I call Verizon only to find out we can't get my mother her phone and so now she had no phone and we had no spares.

So I called the guy back he agreed to meet me where we met the first time, and do a refund but he didn't show. He then texted me 5 minutes later and says he decides he wants to keep the phone. I kept calling him and nagging him and eventually we met up 30 minutes later and we did a successful refund.

9. smacky

smacky Banned

The only thing I want from the Fascinate is the Hummingbird in there. But I'd take a DX over it any day. What with HDMI out and an 8 MP camera. OMAP CPU to seal the deal.

10. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

i got a question, whats the big with hdmi out... why does it matter

11. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

quote of the weak right there :eek:

12. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

I like the Galaxy S on AT&T but I don't really like what they have done with it for VZW it's not as attractive.

13. nuttsp

nuttsp Member

Hi,
    I have owned a D1 since December and I love it. Now my wife wants an android phone (she is due for an upgrade). She is looking at the D2, Incredible, and Fascinate. I have a friend that has a D2 and the battery life is very bad. Does anyone have a suggestion on which of the three is better. The hard keyboard is not a requirement for her.

Thanks.

14. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Well-Known Member

Don't go for the droid 2.. Rumors on the net that Vzwis planning to eol it and replace it with Droid Pro... With Droid Pro you can supposedly get to make international calls? got the info from TGDaily..

Why not Droid X?

15. nuttsp

nuttsp Member

Driod X is HUGE. I am not sure she would like it. It's a good thought tho I should have her look at it.

16. bowerman

bowerman Guest

I don't like the UI very much on the fascinate, but the screen is amazing!!!

17. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

It's not that it can make international calls, all cell phones can do that.

The Droid Pro is to be a world phone meaning it has CDMA (What Verizon and sprint uses) and GSM Radios (what the rest of the world uses pretty much, along with AT&T and T-mobile).

So, with a normal Droid, if you are in a GSM country, you won't be able to make calls, but with the Droid Pro, you could just buy a sim card and make calls in that country.

18. jacobydarkon

jacobydarkon Member

I like the Fascinate. I have a D1 and will be upgrading at the and of January. I am now stuck between the D2, DX and Fascinate. The only reason I am even considering the Fascinate is that it was rooted the day after it got released. The D2 and DX have yet to really be fully unlocked. I imagine someone is already trying out roms on it whereas because Motorola has locked down the other phones, people are having trouble.

I haven't recently check the D2 and the DX forums so I may be wrong on some of those facts.

19. andrew149

andrew149 New Member

my dx is unlocked rooted and i can get into bootloader things are coming out slowly but soon we will be able to do anything to the phone its just a matter of time