Leaving Sprint Questions. . . . . .

Last Updated:

1. N00B Moment

N00B Moment Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I am sick of the service that I get from Sprint (or LACK of service really). Really bad reception and not being able to make or recieve calls or texts, a LOT of dropped calls too. Because of not having a signal, my phone is ALWAYS "searching for service" or "roaming" causing my battery to die completely sometimes 4 or 5 hours after a full charge.

Anyway, this problem has got me so aggrivated that I am now ready to pay the ETF to get out of my contracts. I called recently to find out how much that fee would be on my 2 lines. I was told the fee would be 190 dollars. Now this does not bother me at all really since when I got these lines I had to put a 100 dollar deposit down on each line ($200 dollars in total deposits) So thats a wash I think really. Im pretty sure that I would only have to pay my final bill witch is paid a month in advance somehow.

About the 2 Sprint phones that I currently own (1 Moment and 1 Hero). It seems I read somewhere that Sprint has some kind of "phone buy back program" Does anyone know anything about this? If not, Im sure I could sell them on craigslist or something but would rather not have to bother with that.

Any insight you guys can give me about dropping my contract would be great. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

You'll get pennies on the dollar with the sprint buyback, but I'm not sure that is cash in your pocket or a credit on your account towards future purchases. Though if it's a credit you could use it towards your etf and get money back with your deposit. You"l get more selling on ebay or craigslist but pobably not much more since both phones are pretty much done with the Epic, Evo and Transform out there.

I'd actually be pretty peeved about paying an ETF if my service was as bad as you described.

3. tech411

tech411 Active Member

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

You leaving a lot of money on the table doing that. They pay a pittance.

5. DrewJedi

DrewJedi Member

If I might ask N00B what part of the country are you in?

6. N00B Moment

I live in the Memphis TN area. I actually live in Southaven Mississippi wich is a stones throw from Memphis. I still cant believe that in this major area i get such poor signal quallity. I could understand if I lived out in BFE, but I live in the city and its STILL REALLY BAD!

Oh yeah this is funny, A couple months ago I called about my signal strength (one of many calls) they finally recomended the AirRave thing. I said ok thats great, lets do it. They did a scan of my address and determined that the signal was SO WEAK that an AirRave wouldnt even be able to work for me. They explained that it needed at least a certain amount of signal status to work properly.

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

8. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

You'd be better off pawning it off on EBay, Amazon, or a similar site.

9. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Most companies have a 30 day trial period. I suggest you use it before you get looked into a contract with another company.

10. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Every network has black holes in every city. there is no way any one network can cover every nook and cranny in every city.

11. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Wow really?

I thought the AirRave worked off your wifi / internet. It actually requires a tower to work?? :eek:

12. IOWA

No it doesn't, that just goes to show that person is lying through his teeth.

AndroidSPCS likes this.
  13. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

they told me the same thing.. I told them I want one anyways and if it didn't work I would return it.. guess what.. I have full bars in my house and 3-4 bars around the outside of my house.. of course if I lose power or internet, I go back to crap signal.

14. IOWA

Then they really need to inform their reps. The reps are lying through their teeth :eek:

15. N00B Moment

Wich is another valid reason why im leaving Sprint.

I know of lots of Sprint customers around here and all of em complain about the signal. Im tired of talking to Sprint about it and them not being interested in helping me.

About the 30 day trial. . . . Well they suckered my ass big time. During my first 30 days I called 4x about my signal and they kept trying this and trying that and leaving a service order open and never call me back. Before I was done jumping through their hoops my 30 days was over. I tried getting out of the contract at 40 days and they told me "too bad" basicly.

They even switched my phone out for another. I got it and sent in the one I bought new 2 days later. 2 weeks go by and call in about poor signal again. I hear the automated thing tell me that my bill was almost 500 bucks! I said WTF? I got a rep on the line, they told me THEN that i was LATE returning the other phone. I told them that since they WOULD NOT remove the charge for a phone that THEY was in posetion of then I wanted my phone back. . . . after all. . . . Im the one paying for it.

Anyway, after lots of calls arguing with them and 8 days go by. I was THEN told by I rep that I wasnt being charged for the phone for being LATE. . . . I was being charged for NOT RETURNING IT. They told me that they recieved an empty package and there was no phone in it! I wasin a RAGE at this point. I ask them WTF it took them more than EIGHT DAYS to tell me this. They refered me to the fraud dept. and suggested that I report the phone stolen to them and the police. I did.

After police reports, faxes, emails and everything else. I FINALLY got justice with all of my paperwork and emailing dan@sprint.com. I had an executive rep call me. He wasnt the easiest guy to deal with due to him being skeptical of me defrauding them but in the end he could tell I was an honest guy and he removed the charges.

So umm yeah. . . . I have had nothing but nitemares since signed my contract with Sprint. I cant wait to drop them like a bad habbit!

16. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

damn, sounds like you just attract problems. see ya