• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LED backlit monitors

ZeroGeined

Feb 2, 2013
Plant City, FL
I'm a big fan of the LED backlit monitors, but one of the most frustrating things about them is that everybody has jumped on the led bandwagon. This has led to the edge lit vs full array and different techniques of local dimming for the "dynamic" contrast ratio and BS numbers of ∞:1. This leads many to buying a crappy monitor that looks like something is broken when the edge lighting tries to locally dim a forest at night with a full moon as worst case scenario. Does anybody know of a good monitor that actually has a full LED backlighting array with local dimming? Preferably in 24 inch 1920x1080 native.

Dell, Asus, LG, even Acer have good quality monitors. I've seen Vizo come into the market recently with monitors that look stunning.

believe it or not, but Acer makes some really good monitors. I have dual 22'' monitors by and the quality is there.
If you're looking for monitors that aren't bad, look at name brands that everyone knows.

Upvote 0
I have a 22" Ultrasharp. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but everything does look amazing on it. I particularly like the preset colour schemes for gaming, media viewing and text etc, and the full adjustable height/angle.

I've heard some people experience ghosting and/or uneven panel lighting, but I've seen no ghosting, and the panel lighting is only noticeable when looking at a fully black image whilst standing up - and even then its minimal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones