LED Blink while screen is on in CM6

Last Updated:

1. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member This Topic's Starter

In cyanogenmod settings under input settings there is an option for always pulse. Unfortunately for us this option is grayed out because it refers to the trackball. It does also work for the led light on our phones though. I much prefer my LED to blink when I have a notification even when the screen is on because if I am doing something that takes up the entire screen I otherwise may not notice the notification. Bugs me that this option is grayed out in CM6 so I decided to find a way around it.

So what I did is pulled the cmparts.apk from CM6 RC2 for the Nexus One. You can download it here.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7223192/CMParts.apk
    Just make sure you put it on your computer in the directory that you will be running adb from.

Then reboot into recovery and mount /system

Then go on your computer and ADB.

Then adb push cmparts.apk /system/app

Then reboot. You will now have the option in cyanogenmod settings to always pulse. You will also have the option to Trackball Wake and Trackball unlock although these options will not do anything.

Advertisement
    japus, wadsface, tom108 and 1 other person like this.
  2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Hey OMJ... awesome, however you don't have a link in your post :p

3. OMJ

oops let me fix that Heres the link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7223192/CMParts.apk

Also if you go to another version of cm and you dont wipe data this setting should stay even though the option will get grayed out again. I went to the latest nightly because of all the new status bar color change options and its still checked for me

ska.t73 likes this.
  4. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

thanks man good to know... :)

5. OMJ

I will try to keep this post updated with new versions as new cm releases come out or at least until that function is made available to us.