Led color change for different type messages?

Last Updated:

1. rweddy

rweddy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to have the led on the phone show different colors for different types of messages? This was a feature on my old BlackBerry, via an app called Berry Buzz. Didn't know if there was an app like this or a setting to change this?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

There are none as highly customizable as berrybuzz, but there are some on the market like Missed Call that let you customize some. I use Handcent for SMS instead of the default messaging app and it allows you to select your LED notification color. There may be others but those are what I use and they are both free.

It would be nice to assign different colors to each mail account but I have not seen anything like that yet.

3. DigitalRapture

DigitalRapture Active Member

Download "Missed Call" from the market. It allows you to customize notifications, missed calls, etc. I've got mine set to blink blue when I have a missed call. I'm not sure of the amount of customization, but give it it a try!

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Missed Call Android 2.0 (make sure to get the right version!). I use it for missed calls and calendar events but it also has SMS settings, as well as BT, Applications, Airplane and Battery services. It's a nice little app to have.

5. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Honestly I've been off and on with Missed Call. I got Force Close often.

6. Clementine_3

Did you install the one specifically for 2.0? There are two versions of it.

7. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Yes Sir. There were also complications with using ShuffleTone. Plus the LED size is so small it's not even really worth the hassle. I miss the BB HUGE LED.

8. Clementine_3

Just checking :)
    I've not had any issues with FC's, but that certainly doesn't mean others haven't! Never having had a BB I can't compare the LED's but am just happy to have them...a tiny LED notification is better than no notification.