LED customize? Not rootedGeneral

1. eirianbryn

eirianbryn Well-Known Member Contributor

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an LED customization app. I loved using NoLed for my s2, but for the s4 I don't think it will work. I'd like to know who the waiting text is from without having to wake my screen every time...this is mostly for at work.
    I'm on AT&T if that makes a difference and not rooted.
    Thanks for the help

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Light Flow from the Play Store is enjoying huge popularity across Samsung devices lately. Haven't tried it myself though.
    eirianbryn likes this.
  3. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Lightflow user here - works wonderfully! The free version actually supports notifications for all the apps that I use, but ended up getting the pro version to support the dev (very prompt in delivering fixes, and responds to bug-reports)
    eirianbryn likes this.
  4. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

I've been very displeased with the LED on the S4. It's like it's not even there because I rarely see it actually flashing. I'm trying LightFlow but wow, there are a LOT of settings to figure out.

I wonder if this will solve my problem with Gmail vibrating when the phone is in vibrate mode, even though I have the Gmail vibration off.
  5. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

eirianbryn likes this.
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I just recently began using Light Flow Pro again, but this time using more of the features than I did before. I didn't realize I could set it up to keep everything quiet between certain hours (no LED flashes, no sound notifications, no calls), while allowing specific people to still call during quiet times.

I bought this to use on my Galaxy Nexus, but it works great on my Google Edition S4, too. There's so many options with it that I still haven't played with them all yet.
    eirianbryn likes this.
  7. eirianbryn

eirianbryn Well-Known Member Contributor

I'll try light flow and see how that goes. Thanks for the info
  8. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

I use Light Manager and it works well because there is nothing related to its use on the Battery use logs. I also have colours customised so I can remember them.... Green for Gmail, Magenta for messaging, Cyan for Calendar, Yellow or 'You missed a call ... stretching a bit but when it's flashing a colour I don't have to remember all the settings I made, I can work it before I pick it up. Without root access though there is only 6-8 possibilities.